Do you buy anime DVDs?

lludawg

Awards
Credits
I was recently at the mall and this one store had all the One Piece episodes. A friend and I kind of want to watch all the episodes starting from the beginning. The problem is, there are like 10 DVDs because there are so many seasons. Each DVD is like $25. 

So, my question is, is there a place online where I can watch the episodes in super high quality for free or cheaper? Or will I have to buy these DVDs?

I buy DVDs since the quality is the best unless you're willing to find someplace to download the episodes.

Well, honestly, no. I don't buy DVD's at all. When I'm on the computer, I watch everything online and when I'm not, I transfer it via USB to the TV. I used to own a DVD player, but it broke a few years ago and they usually tell you it's not worth repairing. I never bought a new one as I could play anything I wanted to on the TV directly, no DVD player necessary. That's the only reason I wouldn't buy a DVD: I wouldn't be able to watch it on the TV and I haven't inserted a DVD or CD into my computer in years - I don't even know whether it still reads those, haha. 

If you really want to buy  DVDs, maybe you could see whether they're a little cheaper at eBay or something? When I download anime series, though, I choose the highest quality and it plays it perfectly on plasma. Even if you take 1200x800 instead of 1980x1080. The quality is still very good. I find all I need at kissanime. To download, though, you need an account. Just make sure it's allowed in your country. We have no laws against it in Bosnia, so it's fine with me.

I buy the DVD's if I like the anime but I usually just download the episodes to watch on my computer to see if I like what I'm watching or not. If not, I'll just delete it, if I do like it, I'll keep the episodes on my computer and also buy the DVD's so I can watch them in better quality and on my bigger TV.

I was recently at the mall and this one store had all the One Piece episodes. A friend and I kind of want to watch all the episodes starting from the beginning. The problem is, there are like 10 DVDs because there are so many seasons. Each DVD is like $25.

So, my question is, is there a place online where I can watch the episodes in super high quality for free or cheaper? Or will I have to buy these DVDs?

There's a lot of online sites in which you could watch great animes like ...
KissAnime.ru
9Anime.is
AnimeSeason.com
Chia-anime.tv

There's also paid sites like Crunchyroll and Funimation

Nope. You could always download it at home and not worry about the quality of the program.

Buying the anime merchandises will help support the creators and this will allow them to continue producing the anime. If no one will buy their DVDs they won’t have any revenue and this will lead to discontinuation of their anime. As much as I would like to buy genuine DVDs, there aren’t any available here.

Yes, I've tried buying anime dvd's when I was in college but when I started working, I just downloaded or stream through the internet. It is less costly and you can watch it with good quality.

Back