Do you buy one system or multiple systems?

How many systems do you buy in each gaming generation?

• All of them

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Just the important ones (Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just two

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Just the one (maybe my favourite)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • None, I only play PC/mobile games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
In each generation?

And if you buy just one or two, what reason do you have to choose said systems?

We usually only have Sony and Nintendo. Neither I nor my husband likes Xbox, and we find that the Nintendo consoles never fully scratch the itch when it comes to games. They make a great companion console to the beefier ones though, and having a Nintendo console as well as either an Xbox or a Playstation lets you experience most of the games released across a generation.

I said just 2 because I have a GameCube and an Xbox, a Wii and an Xbox 360, but for this generation I only have a Wii U. I have no interest in PlayStation in general and the Xbox One doesn't hold much interest. Just Halo 5.

I try to get them all for the multiplats. I usually start off with Nintendo and then make my way over to the Playstation and Xbox once they get a bit cheaper.

I usually buy all of them, but I think I'll pass on the Wii U since I was really let down and disliked my original Wii to the point I used it less than 100 times to the time of this post since the release of Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Nintendo just hasn't been making anything interesting for me that doesn't use a control scheme that I am tolerant of, nor have any third-party developers outside of Platinum Games' Bayonetta 2. To boot, the ones that would have interested me otherwise tend to all eventually get ported or released for 3DS as well, such as Hyrule Warriors.

Last generation I had the Big 3. Started off with just the PS3 which handled a majority of my gaming and acquired the Wii once the out-of-stock fiasco died down. Eventually late down the line I purchased a secondhand 360 so I could play some online games with a few of my buddies.

This time around I have both a Wii U and PS4. So far it's been a formidable combo, especially with Splatoon taking over most of my play time. I'm assuming I'll purchase an Xbox One later on but it's library hasn't quite caught my interest just yet.

I usually buy all of them, but I think I'll pass on the Wii U since I was really let down and disliked my original Wii to the point I used it less than 100 times to the time of this post since the release of Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I appreciate seeing another Tatsunoko vs Capcom fan. That was one of my most played Wii games, I should really play it again. :)

I buy them all, but not always right away. When I was a kid I couldn't afford stuff unless I saved up and now I can't justify buying a console at launch. I usually wait for the prices to come down or someone that wants to get rid of theirs used. Right now I own the following consoles (might miss some).

1. Atari 2600
  2. Atari 5200
  3. Atari 7800
  4. ColecoVision (with Expansion Module to run Atari 2600 games)
  5. Intellivision
  6. Nintendo (NES) with Game Genie (have front loader and top loader models)
  7. Sega Master System
  8. Sega Genesis (MegaDrive) model 1, with model 1 Sega CD add-on and 32x add-on. Oh and I have a Game Genie for this as well. ;)
  9. Sega Genesis model 2 with Sega CD model 2 add-on and 32x add-on.
  10. Super Nintendo that has gone yellow :(
  11. Playstation 1, early model with composite inputs on the back of the console. My DJ friends keep nagging me for it because it's supposed to have an awesome sound chip inside of it. I can tell a difference when I play on this one compared to PS2/other PS1 consoles
  12. Another early model PS1 that still have the expansion port for game sharks and other accessories which were removed on later models due to piracy concerns
  13. Two Nintendo 64s, one has the RAM expansion pack and I need to put one in the other one soon.
  14. Sega Saturn (model 1 from the states) with mod-chip so I can play games from Japan since support in the states wasn't that great after the first year or so
  15. Sega Dreamcast (x2), one has only been played on two times. The other has been running homebrew software/CD-R copies of games since 2000 or so. It's still getting a long fine. I play backup copies to avoid wear and tear on my GD-ROM games. Some games don't run well on CD-R so I have to use my real copies. I have it chipped so it can run GD-ROM discs from Japan. Plan on painting the case, doing an overclock mod, and adding some LEDs as some point but I never get around to it. It's my favorite console of all time since I love 2D fighting games. ;)
  16. Playstation 2, I got so many I lost count years ago. Sometimes I take a few broken ones I have and make a working unit out of them. Planning on buying an HDD and modding one soon so I can run all my games from the hard drive.
  17. A Gamecube which I enjoyed back in the day for my Nintendo fix. I haven't modified this one because I have no need too. I rarely play it anymore because...
  18. Nintendo Wii, really early model. People that softmod their Wii's want the one I got because it can never be bricked. Mine is modded of course! I have a 1TB HDD hooked up to it and run all my games from it including my Gamecube games. I also have multiple emulators: NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA and some others. I love playing GBA games on my HDTV, they remind me so much of SNES games and having the big screen is awesome. I sometimes find myself playing Pokemon games for hours. ;)
  19. Xbox 360, got a few of these laying around the house. I haven't gotten into modding them yet but I'm planning on modding one soon.
  20. Xbox 1 (original), loved this console back in my Halo 2 days. Need to get a large HDD for it and mod it so I can run my games off the HDD. Plan on playing online with it by using Xlink. I have two of these consoles at the moment but I rarely play them so I might sell on of them soon.
  21. Neo-Geo, loved my fighting games back in the 90s so I saved up and got this. Sadly games for it are very expensive (even back then) so I only have a few games for it.
  22. Pioneer LaserActive with the add-on that allowed you to play Sega Genesis games. I also have the add-on that allowed you to play TurboGrafx 16 and PC Engine games.
  23. A Panasonic 3DO, I don't have many games for it.
  24. A "slim" Playstation 3, I don't play it much because all my friends are on Xbox. I am looking for an old "fat" model that hasn't been updated/online so I can install Linux on it and play around with the cell processor. So far I can't find anyone willing to part with one. :(
I *think* that's everything. I own some handhelds too of course but this is getting a bit long already.

Back