Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
choose one

I buy them new, mostly. Xbox 360 I would have gotten, but there were no games I liked, and now I am waiting for them to improve the system before I spend money on it.

i can honestly say i have never bought a consol as soon as it has been released i usually buy things second hand or after they have been out a good while and ther price has dropped

I've learned my lesson BIG TIME.

I ALWAYS wait about a year after a system comes out to get it, and for MANY good reasons.

After a year, the price has dropped.

After a year, the new (usually slimmer and prettier) version is released.

After a year, there are GOOD games out.

I have bought all my games systems from Ebay and I honestly had no problems with them. I got a Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3 (bit dated now I know) and there was never a thing wrong with them. I paid only a fraction of what they would have cost new and they came with games.

I play games only on a PC and all of the parts were purchased new.

It depends, if the price is really low and that system just release a week or a month ago. Means that it's not yet been abused. Then that's a good deal. Of course the system should be tested first.

I like new consoles, but I'm okay with used if the discount is good, or I got the console for free from someone who no longer play their game console anymore.

I will consider buying them both new and used since older game consoles are harder to find new, and you can sometimes get a good deal on a slightly used newer game console like PS4 pro from someone who is having money problems, or unhappy with Sony's games and service like PSN Plus, and they maybe willing to sell their console for a large discount.

I only buy new systems. I just can not play with a controller imagining how someone might have abused it. I have a thing for maintaining controllers, to the point that I don't let anyone else use my controller.

The consoles I buy new. Every once in a while, I'll buy a game used but most of the time I buy them new as well. The consoles, however, I've only bought new.

Back