Do you buy used or brand new video games?

But "disc" games? There really isn't such a thing as "used" games with Steam, only "on sale". I just got Dishonored and Insane 2 both for $7.00. :grin:

I don't think there's an option these days whether you should get brand new or used video games. It's all on Steam or Humble Bundle or whatever, and you always have to get them brand new since you can't share owned games with other people. The only choice worth taking now is to either purchase a game you like full price, or wait for a while and get them while they are on sale during the Summer Sales, which has the highest chance of a game having the highest discount. It's all about the waiting game, and there's really no other choice to play.

A lot of the physical games I own are used. Most of the time they're at around half the original price, sometimes even less, and their quality is pretty much guaranteed if you buy them in shops (there's a fair amount of quality checks they have to go through to be sold). I have bought a couple of old cartridges at thrift stores, and they were fine, too.
I just don't see the point of buying them new and pay a higher price, unless it has digital content or codes of any kind (they all get used, of course).

I don't even own any disc games. lol And I can play games on Steam even if "off-line" so no worries.
I'm the same way. I don't have a console currently, so I get all my games through Steam, so I don't generally buy used for my PC. Because of this, I wait until their ridiculous sales to get good prices on my games. When and if I get a Playstation again, I'm not against buying used games at all. Having worked at Best Buy, I see the general process of reselling used games, and I trust that they're in playable condition.

I'm the same way. I don't have a console currently, so I get all my games through Steam, so I don't generally buy used for my PC. Because of this, I wait until their ridiculous sales to get good prices on my games. When and if I get a Playstation again, I'm not against buying used games at all. Having worked at Best Buy, I see the general process of reselling used games, and I trust that they're in playable condition.
Cool, right on. Pus Walmart does (or used to) have a great selection of "discounted" PS3 games. Not sure if they still do tho!

I'm still buying games on discs at times, sometime it quicker to install from DVD than to download the game.
Perhaps, but I can download a 10-20GB game in like 15 mins. I much prefer that than to spin up a disc. And, it's gonna install it anyway, so by buying the "disc", you aren't really saving space.

Perhaps, but I can download a 10-20GB game in like 15 mins. I much prefer that than to spin up a disc. And, it's gonna install it anyway, so by buying the "disc", you aren't really saving space.
Something to consider that not everyone has fast internet like you do or the data allowance to download it.

Yes, true. :) I guess we are lucky to have cable yet are in a rural area...

Brand New physical game disc got that brand new game smell thing to it that I like lol.

I prefer digital copies but in case I get a good deal on physical I buy some. And if a used disc is in good condition I have no problems buying used games. I have a used copy Quantum Break and its still works fine.

I'd rather make a smart decision that saves me the most money rather than resting on some weird made up principle that does me no real good beyond making me feel better

Back