Do you care what brand of web browser a car with a web browser has?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
If I plan on buying or renting a new car, or riding in a taxi with a touchscreen computer which can use a web browsers, I would prefer a car with a modern web browser made by a more reliable web browser brand like Firefox, Google Chrome or Chromium.

There is always a chance that my cell phone got lost, stolen, or broken, and my car broke down by the side of the road in a dessert or empty road with no other people or nearby buildings, and I will need to use a web browser to e-mail or send a personal message on Twitter to ask a tow truck driver to tow my car home. Having a reliable web browser and internet connection can be very important when lost since the internet has a lot of online street maps hosted on websites, and there is always a chance that GPS/Maps apps is broken because of a GPS outage or technical problems related to GPS.

A web browser on a large touchscreen in a car is also a fun app to have when waiting in a parking lot for someone to come out.

I don't feel the need to have a web browser in my car, and the chances of me being stranded in the middle of nowhere without a cellphone, and GPS being down is so astronomically rare, I don't feel the need to spend money on it. This is the definition of choice-supportive bias when you have to concoct a situation like this to justify why you bought something.

If you're stranded in such a rare occasion, would the browser in your car even turn on if your car is busted? Or would you even have signal?

I never knew that cars can have web browsers.

It's news to me.

I am not exactly picky with web browsers, but I would love to have chrome, if given a choice.

I never knew that cars can have web browsers.

It's news to me.

I am not exactly picky with web browsers, but I would love to have chrome, if given a choice.

I only know that Tesla Electric cars has a web browser.

I feel Firefox would also be an okay web browser if Chrome is not installed.

I only know that Tesla Electric cars has a web browser.

I feel Firefox would also be an okay web browser if Chrome is not installed.
It's too expensive O.O
75 lakhs? You could probably get a decent 2BHK apartment with that money!

It's too expensive O.O
75 lakhs? You could probably get a decent 2BHK apartment with that money!

This is true, Tesla cars are too expensive for many people.

Tesla is an American Electric luxury car. It is similar in price to a similar size and performance luxury gas cars which are expensive as well. But, Electric car driver can save thousands of dollars per month or year by not needing to use gas which can cost a lot if the driver drives a lot, and local gas prices are expensive.

This is true, Tesla cars are too expensive for many people.

Tesla is an American Electric luxury car. It is similar in price to a similar size and performance luxury gas cars which are expensive as well. But, Electric car driver can save thousands of dollars per month or year by not needing to use gas which can cost a lot if the driver drives a lot, and local gas prices are expensive.
My dream car is innova.
I could probably get 5 innova cars with the same amount but yeah....I got your point.

Back