Do you dislike apps which can't be installed on MicroSD card in Google Android smartphones/tablets?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I dislike that some Android apps can't be installed or moved to MicroSD card unless you root/modify Android. It can be inconvenient that I am force to use the app on my internal storage drive on my Android smartphone and tablet which may only have a few hundred MBs of free storage space left.

I notice web browsers, pre-installed apps like YouTube and Chrome and simpler apps like store shopping apps sometimes don't let users install or move their apps to MicroSD card which can be annoying.

It's really annoying! And I keep seeing more and more apps like that! If you want to use a messaging app on your older phone, a hefty amount of storage is gone just like that.

I don't really dislike them but they can be a pain.
Still, I might use them and it depends on the usage and my needs.

I don't really dislike them but they can be a pain.
Still, I might use them and it depends on the usage and my needs.

I may also use Apps which can only be installed on internal storage. But, I probably won't give the app a great review like 5 out of 5 stars until they add Apps to SD to their app. I may also stop using the app if I find another similar app which can be installed on a micro SD card, and also work as well.

Besides a few core phone apps, with a right amount of rooting there is nothing I can't put on SD card :grin:

Back