Do you feel electric cars and electric bikes should have more durable electronics like stereos and touchscreens which last longer?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel some people may keep their electric cars for a long time like 20 years because electric motors can last a long time, so owners may need to replace cheaper and lower quality electronics like cheap stereo and touchscreens many times before selling their electric car to someone else.

It would be a good idea for electric car makers to install electronics like batteries, car stereos, car computer systems, power windows, lights, and touchscreens which are durable, and last for entire electric car's usable life until the electric motors and other expensive parts break and cost a lot to repair, so buyers won't need to replace or repair car electronics like the car computer, stereo, and touchscreen as often or at all when owning an electric car.

touch screens don't last long?

touch screens don't last long?

I think touchscreens in cars may not last as long because the temperature inside a car can get very hot where things can melt and overheat under the hot sun during the summer, and in the Winter the electronics can be frozen when there is a Winter snow storm, or you live in a cold place like Russia or Alaska, and if there is moisture or water in the air, the ice can cause electrical problems and rust on electrical wires and parts.

Someone claimed their 2013 Tesla Model S electric car touchscreen is leaking and bubbling, and cost $2700 to fix according to Touch screen bubbles / leakage | Tesla

Last edited:
Well, it's better to have something that lasts long, always.
I would want that for sure

Well, it's better to have something that lasts long, always.
I would want that for sure

I also prefer electronics which last longer.

I think it would be annoying for electric vehicles owners to own a electric vehicle which is still in good condition, but the car came with a bad quality radio, speakers, and power windows which breaks after a few years of owning the car.

I think one complaint of used gas car owners is that their used car's electronics like power windows are broken, and the previous owner did not fix the power windows before selling the car.

Back