Do you feel Gaming Smartphones will be a popular type of smartphone?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A lot of people like to play mobile games, and handheld games, so Gaming themed smartphones maybe popular with people who play games like PUBG mobile, Fornite mobile, Clash of Clans, etc.

Many average and thin smartphones with a basic or no cooling system suffer from overheating and slowdown problems when playing 3D games while also using game screencast recording and Twitch streaming apps for a long time.

A Gaming smartphone with a good cooling system and a fast CPU, 8GB RAM, and fast video chip would be best for running games, and game recording and streaming apps.

No, unless they can deal with the issue of it getting hot.

No, unless they can deal with the issue of it getting hot.

Some of the newer gaming smartphones have cooling fans and heat pipe cooling which uses a type of cooling liquid in the pipes, so Gaming phones can be good phones for users who use more intensive apps like games, screencasting, live streaming, video editors, photo editors, etc.

I think it depends on the smartphones system vs the game requirements. If your game requirements is to high for the smartphone it will likely to overheat or just crash. Its better to have a game that not take more than 50% system resources of the smartphone.

If there is a nice and good game they released why not most of people buy smart phones for their hobbies of gaming and it will be in demand and it could be popular to all gamers. But still consider the things that why smart phone are made of not only just for fun and games it's features to communicate with our love one while they are in a long distance and it's joy by camera to capture the very moment of our life.

I think they should make another gaming gadget not related to phone, and they should improve the battery. Phones are easily to get hot while playing games and drain the battery fast. I think they should bring the gameboy, much better to play games on the old gameboy.

I believe it can get quite popular, but not as popular as the iPhone craps that bandwagon lover people really like. People who like it are usually the younger generations. I haven't seen an old school gamer git interested in mobile games. Considering the fact that our younger generations will soon take over the world, yeah I believe it will be popular. They all want everything to put inside their phone LOL.

I think they can be popular if companies price them reasonable.

I don't really know if gaming smartphone would really become a bit hit or a popular tech that change the gaming industry in smartphones, I guess expanding the limit of smartphone for gaming isn't a bad idea either.
but will people really spend that much just to have an gaming smart phone?
for me I wouldn't even dare to buy one of those because it's just too much for a smart phone.
I guess I am much better on spending it for my PC rather than smartphone.

I feel a gaming smartphone is a better deal than most iPhones and high end Android phones because you get a CPU and video chip with better performance instead of features like Face unlock you may not use.

Currently, I am using Samsung J 6, I don't know whether this is gaming smartphone or not. In fact I even did not know gaming smartphones are available. What are the features of gaming smartphones? Do they have more ram?

Currently, I am using Samsung J 6, I don't know whether this is gaming smartphone or not. In fact I even did not know gaming smartphones are available. What are the features of gaming smartphones? Do they have more ram?

Here's the specs of the upcoming ASUS ROG Phone. I'm not into techy stuff but it looks like this beast of a phone can play just about any game that already came out at the highest graphics setting.

Memory: 8 GB
First released: To be announced
Operating system: Original: Android 8.1 "Oreo"
Storage: UFS2.1 128GB / 512GB
Brand: Asus
System on chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845

Here's the specs of the upcoming ASUS ROG Phone. I'm not into techy stuff but it looks like this beast of a phone can play just about any game that already came out at the highest graphics setting.

Memory: 8 GB
First released: To be announced
Operating system: Original: Android 8.1 "Oreo"
Storage: UFS2.1 128GB / 512GB
Brand: Asus
System on chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845

Wow, ASUS ROG Phone looks very powerful. I feel this phone would be fast enough to play all mobile games at the highest settings, and users don't need to worry that their phone would be too slow to play most games which are release in the future.

I like that ASUS ROG phone has a lot of storage, RAM, and a fast CPU.

Another phone I'm checking out is Xiaomi's Black Shark. Man, phones are getting better and better (and more expensive to boot, where can I sell my kidney?) but if you're in to mobile gaming then this is the stuff. Not sure if this is better than the ASUS ROG Phone but here's the specs of the Black Shark; tell me what you guys think:

Product Features:
  • Dual Sim, VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
  • Octa Core, 2.8 GHz Processor
  • 8 GB RAM, 128 GB inbuilt
  • 4000 mAh Battery
  • 5.99 inches, 1080 x 2160 px Display
  • 12 MP Dual Rear + 20 MP Front Camera
  • Memory Card Not Supported
  • Android, 8.0

The Xiaomi Black Shark has some pretty good specs. It looks like a good smartphone for gaming, multi-tasking, emulators and other tasks.

Oh boy, so I guess it comes down to the price, which one will not totally kill my life savings. :grin:

There is probably an option to slowly pay off a gaming smartphone like a car where people usually slowly pay off their loan by paying $200 a week for 5 or more years per week.

A lot of people pay for smartphones by more slowly paying off the cell phone service provider by paying an expensive bill like $100 a month for service. You end up paying more money because your cell phone service bill is more expensive than using your unlocked smartphone which you bought yourself. But, you don't need to spend as much money all at once to buy your phone like buying an unlocked phone from a store like Amazon, eBay, and Bestbuy.

Gaming smartphones is the mobile version of PC, devices like Vita, 3DS, Switch, has their own game exclusives and is actually made for playing games. Also it's damn hard to use touchscreen for playing.

Playing games on a touchscreen is okay for some games like Clash of Clans, but a mouse would be useful for games which require building stuff like Rollercoaster Tycoon.

A mobile controller on a phone would be good for playing games like shooters, racing games, and action RPGs where a controller is useful for pressing many buttons at once.

Back