Do you feel most Windows users experience Windows update problems ?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel most Windows users will experience Windows Update problems because there are already a lot of complaints online related to Windows Update failing to install an update, or not working. Most less tech savvy users may just bring their computer to a computer repair store or a tech savvy friends home to fix Windows Update instead of complaining online.

well complaining online won't get it fixed. So yeah, got to take it somewhere to get the OS reimaged unless you know how to do it.

well complaining online won't get it fixed. So yeah, got to take it somewhere to get the OS reimaged unless you know how to do it.

I feel some people complain online at the Microsoft help forum because they are angry at Microsoft, and to get some help from Microsoft.

Of course...and we don't really have complete control over updates either.

It's kinda hard to deal with the updates.

Of course...and we don't really have complete control over updates either.

It's kinda hard to deal with the updates.

I know sometimes Updates can break Windows where it is almist impossible to login to Windows, so users may need to ask for help.

I know sometimes Updates can break Windows where it is almist impossible to login to Windows, so users may need to ask for help.
Guess I am lucky so far
We use Windows 10 in our wok place and nothing major happened except some mess up in the local LAN settings once

Guess I am lucky so far
We use Windows 10 in our wok place and nothing major happened except some mess up in the local LAN settings once

I think many workplaces manually update Windows after testing updates on a test PC before installing them on a work PC, so update problems are less common at work.

I think many workplaces manually update Windows after testing updates on a test PC before installing them on a work PC, so update problems are less common at work.
I suppose.. That's true for the most part.
It's just that custom made software might not be compatible... And not to mention that they mess a bit with bitlocker and such....so ..

I suppose.. That's true for the most part.
It's just that custom made software might not be compatible... And not to mention that they mess a bit with bitlocker and such....so ..

Custom and 3rd party software can have compatibility problems in Windows. I think some companies still use ActiveX add-ons for Internet Explorer, and older ActiveX may not work in Internet Explorer or Windows 10. There are also older software, and games which sometimes dont work in Windows 10.

In our environment, most PCs are set to auto-update with a few sets to never get updates. But that's due to old software being used.
Custom and 3rd party software can have compatibility problems in Windows. I think some companies still use ActiveX add-ons for Internet Explorer, and older ActiveX may not work in Internet Explorer or Windows 10. There are also older software, and games which sometimes dont work in Windows 10.
Yep that is our case for one department.

Back