Do you feel regular smartphones will always be more popular than foldable smartphones?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
There is a chance that foldable smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy Fold will never be as popular as a regular rectangle smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy S10 or iPhone X.

I feel foldable smartphones are a luxury item which few people need to own.

I think most people will buy a regular smartphone which is more affordable to buy, and thinner in most cases.

Foldables are long history. Regular smart phones are the future. There is always people out there that prefer the foldable phones but each to their own I guess.

I do think regular smartphones will always be popular than foldable smartphones. These foldable smartphones are too fragile, a bit ugly ....
So....

The news of Samsung Galaxy Fold breaking may cause many people to not want to buy a foldable smartphone. Some people may also rather want to use a regular smartphone and a tablet instead of a foldable smartphone where you can't use it as a tablet when you are using it to talk on the phone pressed against your ear in the handset mode.

I do think regular smartphones will always be popular than foldable smartphones. These foldable smartphones are too fragile, a bit ugly ....
So....

Yeah, I'm with you... the foldable phones are indeed fragile, it is like cutting a paper in half

Yeah, I'm with you... the foldable phones are indeed fragile, it is like cutting a paper in half
I agree with that completely but paper... Lol xP

depends on the person, I know the old style flip phones still have a fanbase.
I like flip phones a lot too and flip phones are different... They are not fragile as they don't mind to show off that connectivity between the screen and the keyboard

depends on the person, I know the old style flip phones still have a fanbase.

I think flip phones are still have fans because some people like the keypad and physical keys. Some people may just need an affordable phone for making calls and text, and want a phone which can last many years.

It depends on how well they develop it because at this point, it's just a novelty. I can't see it being extremely popular for a long time so I think regular phones will be popular for a long time.

Back