• I always pre-order games and systems, it's the only way to be sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I pre-order important/likely to be popular ones, but not all of them

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • If there's a pre-order bonus

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I never pre-order games, just buy from shops on launch day

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I never pre-order games, I buy digital copies from the eShop/Xbox Live/Playstation Network/Steam/GOG

• I don't pre-order games because I only play free ones

• I'm a thief and steal copies in ROM form

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Do you? Or do you just either go into a shop on launch day and buy it or download it from the eShop/Steam/some service?

Personally, I've never pre-ordered games nor had to. Guess it's the exactly one benefit of living in a region without many Nintendo fans, I don't have to 'compete' with others when it comes to buy games or consoles.

Do you pre-order games?

Spoilers: Answering the last option automatically has your IP address sent to the authorities so you can be arrested/fined for piracy.

Also, I only preorder when there is a bonus, though sometimes I don't even pick up the game if the preorder was cheap enough and I got what I wanted (like putting $1 down to reserve a Lego game just to get a minifigure which normally costs $3.50)

I wish this was multiple choice poll... as in more than once selectable. I pre-order when the item is interesting and or if it is a game i feel is really interesting to me. I don't care about popularity of a game because, well, more often than not I tend to like the underdogs and can't stand the commonly wide-spread popular games. Examples being I can't stand Twilight Princess, Halo, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Kid Icarus: Uprising... but I'll pre-order a Saints Row game every time or if a rare sequel comes out such as Tao's Adventure for DS which was a sequel to the PSX game Azure Dreams (Which was later ported decently to the GBC).

Also, I've pre-ordered a game for just the art book that came with it. Eternal Poison - horribly unfair tactical game where I couldn't pass stage 3 because you can't grind and the enemies have higher range of movement and attack and will ALWAYS attack you in the best way for their victory, so your healer is killed in round 1 and then your damage dealer in round 2. Despite that, the art book was worth the 40 bucks for me as I ended up with 2 and 1 was used to pay off something I still use to this day. lol I got my Code of Princess today and am happy with it. The art book isn't as good as I expected but I collect art books and OSTs and the book doubles as the OST's case so it is less space to store. :3 I'd like to see more pre-order items like that rather than lame-ass posters and crap or DLC bonuses that are useless weapons and vehicles like they seem to do nowadays.

I never do. I don't know why. I just don't see the point in pre-ordering when it's coming out. Not like they're going to run out... of a game anyway.

I only pre-order a game if it has a bonus with it. If there's no bonus for pre-ordering , I buy the game at a store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-order only when it's a game I'm reeeaaalllly excited about, and I want to ensure a copy will be waiting on me the day it releases. Last game I pre-ordered was Fire Emblem, and while it wasn't available the day it came out because of their release fiasco, I was still glad I'd done it because when the Gamestop finally got some copies in, they only got enough to fill about half the pre-orders. If I hadn't pre-ordered it I'd have been waiting until they got extra copies who knows when. The next game I pre-order will be Animal Crossing: New Leaf- been waiting so long for it!

only on steam when it's a midnight launch. Never on any console, only game that was sold out when I wanted to buy it on launch was skyrim.

Spoilers: Answering the last option automatically has your IP address sent to the authorities so you can be arrested/fined for piracy.

Also, I only preorder when there is a bonus, though sometimes I don't even pick up the game if the preorder was cheap enough and I got what I wanted (like putting $1 down to reserve a Lego game just to get a minifigure which normally costs $3.50)

Buahahahahaha let them TRY!!! >:)

No seriously, I don't tend to pre-order but I did so with Brawl, Pokemon X, Pokemon Silver and Luigis Mansion 2 (which I never even went to get it)

Not really.
It's better to wait for the game reviews before going for it.

Back