Do you gently tap and knock on electronics to hear how they sound like when you tap and knock them with your hand or finger before buying them?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I sometimes gently tap and knock on electronics to hear if they make a solid tapping or knocking sound which sounds more high quality. If the sound of my hand taps and knocks sound hollow, creaky, and squeaky, I sometimes feel it is more cheaply made.

I have never done this with electronics. I mean, I'll do it with certain other things when buying them but never thought of doing it with electronics lol

I sometimes tap on electronics to see if the case is made of metal or plastic which looks like metal.

I don't think I have ever done that.
Is it possible to estimate the quality that way? I never knew

uhhhh, can't say that I do.

I don't think I have ever done that.
Is it possible to estimate the quality that way? I never knew

I think thinner materials may make a more hollow sound than a solid materials. I feel some people who buy a Gaming Desktop computer may gently tap on the case to see if it sounds and feel more solid or make almost no sound at all when tap gently.

For electronics like flip phones with buttons, keyboards, and computer mouses, I think it is more common to tap on the buttons, and plastic case to feel if it is more solidly built instead of cheaply built where the case bends and flexes when you tap or hold it.

I think thinner materials may make a more hollow sound than a solid materials. I feel some people who buy a Gaming Desktop computer may gently tap on the case to see if it sounds and feel more solid or make almost no sound at all when tap gently.

For electronics like flip phones with buttons, keyboards, and computer mouses, I think it is more common to tap on the buttons, and plastic case to feel if it is more solidly built instead of cheaply built where the case bends and flexes when you tap or hold it.

Interesting.
I never thought of it that way. I always try to order everything online.

Interesting.
I never thought of it that way. I always try to order everything online.

I sometimes buy things like keyboards, mouse, and hand held electronics like cameras from local stores. I also like to know how they feel before buying them since sometimes they may not be comfortable to use with my hands and fingers, and the plastic and metal buttons don't feel well made.

I think many people who choose to buy electronics at a retail stores want to feel the remote, device, and see how well the device is made.

I sometimes buy things like keyboards, mouse, and hand held electronics like cameras from local stores. I also like to know how they feel before buying them since sometimes they may not be comfortable to use with my hands and fingers, and the plastic and metal buttons don't feel well made.

I think many people who choose to buy electronics at a retail stores want to feel the remote, device, and see how well the device is made.
I always try to order everything from online.
It's easier that way.

I always try to order everything from online.
It's easier that way.

I been buying more things online these days because of more affordable prices, and user reviews. The product descriptions for products are also better.

Back