Do you get nervous when you get phone calls or e-mails from job interviewers?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes since I'm afraid It is from a employer who is hiring asking me for an over the phone job interview.

I'm not the best phone job interviewer, so if they ask me a question like "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I need to pause and think of something to say.

It is also sad if a company phones and said you did not get the job and a more qualified person got the job.

I guest if I'm doing a job interview on a cell phone from a noisy place like at a loud restaurant. It be kind of sad since the noise is not helping me impress the employer.

Plus, job interviewers rarely phoneback or give you their phone number. They just phone someone else for the job.

I feel the same way about E-mails from employers. I don't know what to write without sounding too casual or too formal. I usually write a generic letter I found online which teaches visitors how to write good e-mails to employers.

The other way around, when I make calls because rarely I get a bit nervous on what to say to the caller on the other end.

Indeed, Although, I heard the best way to get job interview oppurtunities is to phone companies to see if they are hiring or will be hiring.

But, it can be hard to know what to say without sounding "desperate for a job" which can be a turn off to some hiring managers.

I can communicate best via email or instant message, but I find my self nervous while on the phone (which is why I have no cell phone yet).

Indeed, I find it difficult hanging out with Telemarketing phone calls or people trying to sell me something over the phone with out being rude.

Back