Do you keep your starter in your team?

I keep my starter with me up til the end of the main game, after I beat the elite 4, my team tends to change entirely. Though I do have every starter I've had in from gen 3 up til black version on my current cartridge of Black Version.

Oh and reading the above posts...I don't see at all how having your starter compares with using a legendary...starters aren't even that powerful. Legends are good (cheap) regardless.

I stick with my starters all the time haha.

White 2:
Servine (grass)
Starmie(water/psychic)
Heracross(bug/fighting)
Deino(dark/dragon)
Excadrill (Ground/Steel)
Growlithe (fire)

Black 2:
Pignite (Fire/Fighting)
Jolteon (Electric)
Lapras (Water/Ice)
Metang (Steel/Psychic)
Mandibuzz (Dark/Flying)
Vibrava (Ground/Dragon)

The starter is there for a reason. To show that love at first sight DOES exist! WOOP WOOP

but srs, luv mi starter

People, STOP LIKING YOUR OWN POSTS.
Oh: And I DO keep em', they save me the effort of IV training ANOTHER damn critter.
Hey, I've been around two years, don't you go trying to humiliate me sonneh.

First time I done it in yonks :<
Hey, I've been around three months (?), don't you go trying to call me sonneh, sonneh.

The starter is there for a reason. To show that love at first sight DOES exist! WOOP WOOP

but srs, luv mi starter

People, STOP LIKING YOUR OWN POSTS.
Oh: And I DO keep em', they save me the effort of IV training ANOTHER damn critter.
Hey, I've been around two years, don't you go trying to humiliate me sonneh.

First time I done it in yonks :<
Hey, I've been around three months (?), don't you go trying to call me sonneh, sonneh.

Children calm down and just answer the question posted lol

i keep my starter pokemon for awhile but then i trade it out so i can communicate with my others cuz its not fair if u dont cummincate with all the others

Last edited by a moderator:
I kept mine untill Black 2. It was really fun without it, as I felt like I could be one of the NPCs, with no starter (because A, they are more powerful than most pokémon and B, how many NPCs other than your rival ever have a starter?)

My Black 2 team:
Lucario
Golduck
Ampharos
Arcanine
Flygon

Yes and it always has to be the strongest Pokemon on the team if not i don't really use the strongest Pokemon or release it

Yes and it always has to be the strongest Pokemon on the team if not i don't really use the strongest Pokemon or release it

No offense, but isn't it kind of stupid to overpower one Pokemon. I'm always scared about the Elite Four, but only because on my first try I had a level 68 and the rest were in the level 30's.

I stick with my starters all the time haha.

White 2:
Servine (grass)
Starmie(water/psychic)
Heracross(bug/fighting)
Deino(dark/dragon)
Excadrill (Ground/Steel)
Growlithe (fire)

Black 2:
Pignite (Fire/Fighting)
Jolteon (Electric)
Lapras (Water/Ice)
Metang (Steel/Psychic)
Mandibuzz (Dark/Flying)
Vibrava (Ground/Dragon)

I love your choice of Heracross. When I was a kid it was my favorite pokemon ever, and I still have a deep passion for it. I don't even know why I love it.

Oh, and starter all the way! It's beautiful.

None taken. I don't overpower my starter, it's just if another pokemon becomes stronger than it it feels weird to me. it's the first pokemon you get in the game, so it's your most special.

All my pokemon up to 6th series all had to be the same level. It was just the way i did things

Back