Do you know how people can sell small stuff $1 dollar or more with free shipping on eBay?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think in some countries like China, 1 US dollars is worth a few Chinese dollars or cents, so the factory may end up making money by selling it for a US Dollar, and paying for the cheapest shipping which takes months to arrive by ships, and trains instead of a truck or airplane which is usually faster.

I think some people and factories want to get rid of their old stuff by sending it to someone who bought it off them for a penny. There are probably factories which made too many products like keychains, paper clips, rubber bands, fidget spinners, and toys, and selling them for a $1 dollar and paying for shipping is cheaper than hiring a recycling company to recycle their products which they can't sell because the products are not good.

Packaging costs is probably the one thing making me cautious about going into selling on eBay as a business. I know how to get the stock cheap and sell it for the retail price, but usually the delivery cost will work out more expensive than the actual product - surely no one would buy it then.

Packaging costs is probably the one thing making me cautious about going into selling on eBay as a business. I know how to get the stock cheap and sell it for the retail price, but usually the delivery cost will work out more expensive than the actual product - surely no one would buy it then.

I agree the delivery cost are more expensive than the actual products when buying products.

I'm guessing that some sellers may have a shipping membership with their post office or a delivery company like DHL, UPS, FedEx, etx where they paid a few hundred or thousands of dollars a year for shipping millions or more items per year at a low price for items, so they can ship thousands to millions of orders worldwide with their shipping membership instead of paying for each item individually which can be more expensive over time.

I know my uncle gets free packaging from a friend, so that cuts down on his shipping costs.

I know my uncle gets free packaging from a friend, so that cuts down on his shipping costs.

Packaging can be pretty expensive where a few basic cardboard box for storing paper, binders, and office supplies cost 2 dollars or more at a store.

that's why you got to know people who can help you cut corners.

I think some people buy tons of shipping supplies where they get a large discount when buying a lot of boxes, bubble wrap, shipping envelopes, and shipping labels with ink.

People who work at some post offices, shipping places, and office supplies stores may get discounts on shipping boxes and other shipping stuff.

I sometimes re-use the shipping boxes which I got from previous orders, and just use cardboard brown colored wrapping paper to cover out the old labels, and logos, and the wrapping paper gives the box more protection from scratches, and dirt.

I think some people buy tons of shipping supplies where they get a large discount when buying a lot of boxes, bubble wrap, shipping envelopes, and shipping labels with ink.

People who work at some post offices, shipping places, and office supplies stores may get discounts on shipping boxes and other shipping stuff.

I sometimes re-use the shipping boxes which I got from previous orders, and just use cardboard brown colored wrapping paper to cover out the old labels, and logos, and the wrapping paper gives the box more protection from scratches, and dirt.

even if you buy in bulk, pending on what you're selling you may not break even or come out ahead.

Back