Do you prefer buying downloadable games or boxed games?

Do you prefer buying physical copies of games in boxes in shops or downloadable titles online?

• I prefer buying traditional boxed copies of games

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I prefer downloading them from a service like the eShop or Steam

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Personally, I prefer get the boxed/hard copy versions of games. This is because I like to be able to use my games on multiple systems, I like to be able to resell them for more money and I like to be able to lend games out to people.

And it also means the game will always be playable regardless of whether any online services go down.

What do you prefer?

I would prefer the boxed games, because it saves room on my 3DS and I can return the game if I don't like it.

I love box art. You can't get that on digitally downloaded games. If I could return games for the price I bought them for, Yoshian's point would have been said, but since not, I always look up reviews before buying a game. With a few exceptions.

I prefer boxed. If something happens to my online accounts (specifically Steam) I lose everything I've ever gotten on there. If my 3DS craps out, I lose all my Eshop stuff. However, my 3DS games, my DS games? If my current 3DS dies I can get another one and run those without a problem. I'm in full control...so long as I treat my games well, I can keep them for however long I want. I still use Game Boy (Color) games regularly...the original Game and Watch Gallery, the GBC Legend of Zeldas...they still get a lot of play with me :)

Downloads. Saves room, can redownload as necessary. No need to go to a store for pick-up.

I actually prefer boxed games. Since I only use the Nintendo eShop to watch trailers, Nintendo Directs or the show on there. I don't know what it's called though.

Downloads. Saves room, can redownload as necessary. No need to go to a store for pick-up.

And Zexis, I don't agree with Downloads as they use up space on your SD card.

I actually prefer boxed games. Since I only use the Nintendo eShop to watch trailers, Nintendo Directs or the show on there. I don't know what it's called though.

I'm speaking as a PC gamer. I bought a 1 TB HDD and have 3 more bay slots in my case if I ever need more space.

If we're talking about the DS, I'd opt for physical media.

I'm speaking as a PC gamer. I bought a 1 TB HDD and have 3 more bay slots in my case if I ever need more space.

If we're talking about the DS, I'd opt for physical media.

Since when was buying pc games through a box a good idea after 2005?

^And unless things have changed since I last bought a game disc - the most recent I have I think is Fallout 3, but that was actually gifted to me - CD-check DRM is just a pain. Sure, grabbing a cracked .exe is an easy fix for it, but it's just another hoop.

And then there are the online deals. And it's harder to lose my Steam license to a game than it is a physical disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer Boxed games. i love the smell of gamestop, and it takes up less space on your SD card.

I really don't care. I usually download because I don't need to leave my house (and oh God Steam sales are dirt cheap), but for my PS3 I prefer to use disks.

I prefer downloadable games for some unknown reason.
As for boxed games.....they are okay too I suppose.

Back