Do you prefer digital copy or physical copy of the game?

JoyFreak

Gaming
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What is your preference?

Mine is digitally because I can have it stored on my console without having issues like scratching, breaking it etc.

physical for most, but if I got a time killer game like CoD then I'll get digital.

Some games I go digital and other times I go with physical discs (just to get the game installed and before updating).

I prefer physical games mainly because I can re-sell them if I want to, or add it to my collection of games. I feel having a collection of physical video games is a more enjoyable hobby than having many digital games stored on a hard drive on a console. I also won't lose access to all my games if my console breaks, and my console online user account got deleted, lost, or locked for some reasons, so I can't redownload the installer files for the games.

I prefer physical games mainly because I can re-sell them if I want to, or add it to my collection of games. I feel having a collection of physical video games is a more enjoyable hobby than having many digital games stored on a hard drive on a console. I also won't lose access to all my games if my console breaks, and my console online user account got deleted, lost, or locked for some reasons, so I can't redownload the installer files for the games.
While that is true, sadly for PC players, it doesn't work like that, we are stuck with locked keys etc.

While that is true, sadly for PC players, it doesn't work like that, we are stuck with locked keys etc.

This is true. I missed being able to buy physical PC games, and not needing a internet connection to download a large game installer file.

I think going to a computer and electronics store to buy a PC Game from the PC game section are nice memories for PC gamers who played PC Games in the 1990s to 2006+ where there were more PC games on disc instead of Steam, Gog, etc.

Depends on the game really. And for me, it's a bit of both. I love physical copies because I like having the case and the disc to display near my PlayStation 4. But then digital copies are so much easier because you don't have to remove them. The only issue though is that I can't return them once bought.

I’m old school and prefer physical copies. Physical copies seem more permanent, as if I lose my copy, there’s nothing really stopping me from getting another one. Digital copies, if the console’s online store is shut off, or that particular game is no longer on the store, I can’t get it.

Also in my personal experience, physical games go down in price faster than the digital games. At least on the console side. There’s been several occasions where I bought the game at GameStop brand new for $20, and the PSN sale days later discounts it to $40-50, what a deal.

So it really depends. For my 3DS if I want extra memory space I go half and half or get digital because it's the only option. For my Switch I might as well get one physical and the rest digital so I can play them all portably and not worry about losing any cartridges.

Back