Do you prefer manual hand powered things like doors, locks, windows, etc?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I usually prefer manual things like doors, locks, windows, etc where I need to use my hand to do a task like opening a door, window, or turning on a fan. Manual things are usually more affordable, break less often, and are easier to repair. I feel using manual tools like a saw is safer than an electric saw.

But, powered remote control devices like TV remotes for turning ON a TV and using it and door locks and doors can be useful for doors on a garage, train, and larger cars with more than 2 doors where reaching the door lock switch at the back car door is less convenient for the driver.

To be honest, I am not so sure.

I don't trust electronic stuff all that much and I don't trust someone to not mess with the other stuff like windows, doors etc

.... So....I don't have any preferences

I feel random people who break manual door and window by quickly slamming the door and window very hard when they use them can be a problem. Some people sometimes use too much of their arm and hand muscle power, and end up pulling off a door handle on a door when they pull too hard. Unfortunately, a lot of door handles are now cheaply made with lower quality plastic and thin metal parts.

Back