Do You Prefer Singleplayer, or Multiplayer?

Toast

Full GL Member
Credits
Do you prefer to play singleplayer, or multiplayer games? How about playing alone in multiplayer games?
I think singleplayer experiences can be fun, but for the most part I enjoy multiplayer. All of my fondest memories from playing games with friends online. There have been some great singleplayer experiences too, don't get me wrong, but I've never had more fun than playing multiplayer games. Especially online games.

I like to play some singleplayer games when my friends are away or I just want to chill.But mostly I would go with multiplayer.I have so much fun with my friends and I feel like I can play any game and still enjoy it

I'm mostly a multiplayer guy, but I occasionally like single player games. For example, I like Batman: Arkham Knight because I cannot imagine what multiplayer on that game would look like. At the same time, I loved Halo 3 and I thought the multiplayer was way more exciting than the story. It all depends on the mood you're in I guess.

I think it's easier to make an enjoyable online-centric game, as a good multiplayer game can be filled out with dlc down the road, but a single player game has to launch with completed maps and story. I play more multiplayer by far, but I prefer a great singleplayer (or co-op for that matter) campaign with a strong story.

I enjoy both equally, but towards the end of the gameplay I rather have multiplayer.

Depends on the game.. really. For example, in FIFA I enjoy both Career Mode an Ultimate Team, I switch them up from time to time so I don't get bored, but I love the competition in these modes.
When it comes to Minecraft I tend to play online for the most part, singleplayer just doesn't cut it anymore after a few years (I've gotten bored of playing alone, it's not really that fun:p) of playing. You can also make a lot of friend when you're on multiplayer, I got a lot of Skype contacts from my DoTA and Counter Strike 1.6 days, those were the days! :p
All in all I think I enjoy multiplayer a little more than singleplayer, it's always funnier to play with other people.

I like to play multiplayer more. I feel that it is more enjoyable to play with other people rather than AI. A cool way to make new friends. Multiplayer also is not as predictable as singleplayer, which does not get boring as quickly.

Mixed, in the same game. I like MMORPGs where I am completely capable of doing almost anything with my character. I hate the idea of raids or dungeons as forced endgame.. so from an adventuring standpoint, I want more single player. But I enjoy the economy of having a ton of other people. Auction Houses are great in games.

Just answered this in another thread, although there I said I prefer single-player and while for the most part that's true, your post reminded me of multi-player with friends and that's just awesome sauce. I remember playing WoW back in the day with a bunch of friends, going on quests, talking, messing with other players... Counter Strike 1.6 was also fun, although there was a lot more yelling at each other involved.

I'd rather have split screen multiplayer, not online. Most of the time the online community is always really toxic, so i avoid it if i can. Otherwise, single player is the way to go for endless fun.

I enjoy both to be honest. For me multiplayer games are fun because I like working with people and I like the tension that is created in multiplayer battles. LoL is the game I play the most and I love interacting with people and making plays together with them. I also like MMORPGs, though I haven't played too many. Singe player games are definitely nicer when you just want to relax and forget about life. So both to me are pretty great and I can't really say I prefer one to the other.

I spend most of my spare time playing singleplayer thus my choice is obvious. I do enjoy multiplayer, but only if I'm playing with friends during a LAN party. I can't bear a sudden
increase in my connection's latency, for that reason, I stopped playing online games.

I think it just depends on my mood. Sometimes I just want to go on an epic, long adventure and then I play Skyrim. Sometimes I want to play with friends and beat a game through teamwork and then I play MMORPGs.

Single player is my main choice, as that lets me take the game on on my own pace, and with the difficulty I like to have. I play some games online occasionally, but for example on GTA:O I always play the overworld on a private lobby so that I don't get ganked by the higher level players.

It heavily depends on the type of game. The thing is, singleplayer is usually a lot more fun and there is plenty to do and a story to follow in most cases, but once you have mastered it, the game is either boring or just plain lonely. For example take Minecraft. I enjoyed it for months but eventually I felt like to enjoy the game any longer, I would need to find someone to play it with. So I joined a server and I was amazed by the things that other people have built, I slowly made a list of friends that were always online to jam with me and that's how I ended up spending another 2 years playing the game.

So at the end of the day it depends on the game. I outlined singleplayer's merits and downsides and when it comes to the downsides of multiplayer, I'd say the main one is latency, especially in my case as I have slow internet and I don't live in a major country e.g USA or EU and the second most annoying being arrogant 12 year olds who want to ruin your game. But if you have friends to play with in private rooms, its a different story.

It's a tough choice for me. I enjoy a lot of single player games where it's just me taking the story at my own pace. I do play a lot of multiplayer games, usually with some friends, and that is also really fun. If I had to decide I guess I would go with multiplayer simply because of the time spent playing it.

A lot also depends on who your playing with aswell. If your playing online with a group of friends or other gamers that you trust and have played with before, then you can't beat multiplayer in my opinion.

On the other hand sometimes playing with others you font know is more trouble than its worth, and in them situations I'd rather just play on single player mode, and not take a chance.

I'm going to say pretty much both. I LOVE to sit and play through a good story like Last of Us or Tomb Raider, or Uncharted, etc.. but I also love to couch-coop with a friend in some Halo or COD or even GTA. I find myself spending a lot of time playing single player games with a friend as well. Like Resident Evil and Silent Hill for example. I was always too afraid to play the games when I was younger but I loved solving the puzzles and learning the story so I would coop it with my uncle.

Back