Do You Prefer Singleplayer, or Multiplayer?

I play mostly singleplayer because I find that multiplayer makes the game way too serious and I don't get to just fool around in it. Starbound, my favorite game, in multiplayer, is an absolute nightmare. So confusing and just doesn't work. But Terraria is great for multiplayer.

I usually prefer multi player. I don't get a lot of solo game time, usually I'm playing with my husband or one of my kids. So a game offering multiplayer is actually a huge selling point for me.

It really depends on what type of game it is. For the most part, I think multiplayer in general has more replay value. I can get bored easier with singleplay since I am the only person in the game dealing with all the NPCs instead of real players. It is especially true with First Person Shooter, Real Time Strategy, and RPG types of games. I was fine with playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 by myself though lol...

In my opinion, all games should have both singleplay and multiplay options. Think about Left 4 Dead for example, the co-op is a lot more fun than going through the campaign yourself, and versus is even more interesting. Although the singleplay isn't bad either.

I like single player games but honestly, I haven't really played many multiplayer games so it's hard for me to compare the two. When I have another person in the room with me that I can play a game with then I enjoy playing with them but to play with random people online is a little awkward for me. I'd prefer to just play by myself.

It actually depends... multiplayer video games can be really fun if you're playing them with friends and let me tell you that playing with friends online and playing with strangers online is a really different thing, or at least for me it is, so I definitely prefer playing multiplayers video games with my friends, I also really enjoy playing them on my own, so I guess that those are my comfort zones, lol.

I guess its depending on the title and what kind of tech I'm working with at the time. Because if I have a small screen TV then having two player games wouldn't work unless it was things like sports games. But for other titles like GTA and so fourth I would have to say single player still rules in that aspect. Besides most people rather play one another online now compared to throwing on a game at your friends house even though I'd hope that make a comeback at some point. Maybe, with new breakthrough like the VR.

I love singleplayer RPGs with heavy focus on story, immersion or experiencing, but multiplayer with some good friends isn't much worse. Even boring or bad games can be made fun in the right company, and few things can beat a good game with good people. Unless it's Mario Kart of Mario Party. I'd rather keep my friends than lose them over an unlucky random number roll or a poorly timed blue shell.

It depends on my mood really. Sometimes I feel like playing by myself, sometimes I want company.

Back