Do You Purchase Digital or Physical Copies of your Games?

Golddisk

Full GL Member
Credits
Which do you prefer to buy? Digital can be nice because they don't require space in your house to be stored and are more easily accessible, but physical have benefits as well, such as not having to wait for the game to download.

I prefer physical copies, mainly because my internet is not particularly fast, so some large games might actually take a few days to completely download.

Always physical. Mainly because I can get better deals on pre-owned games, which is how I purchase as many games as I do on a small budget. Also, I like being able to see the games on my shelf.

Physical for life! Allows me to use devices to hack the games with :p

For my PS3 collection i prefer physical copies but for the PC gaming I always OPT for digital copies via steam etc.

My 3DS is mostly digital, just because it's less hassle.

My PS4 is a mix, depending on the deals on the PSN, and the deals I can find at a GameStop or such.

when I was purchasing final fantasy , i thought it was the physical copy...then fooled...had to wait for 9 days to download the game...lol

For consoles, I prefer to have physical discs. That way I can see my collection, and sell them if I want. The only time I'll get digital is if it is much cheaper in a sale. For PCs, always get digital games through Steam.

c
For consoles, I prefer to have physical discs. That way I can see my collection, and sell them if I want. The only time I'll get digital is if it is much cheaper in a sale. For PCs, always get digital games through Steam.
cool strategy

Lately I've been buying digital. Mostly because I like instant gratification. I usually regret it though because there's nothing like having a small, physical booklet I can read through while the game takes eons to download.

I don't like buying physical unless it's a special edition pack with an even bigger booklet I can read through while the expansion packs take forever to install.

Rarely - Pirate4life. :grin: I purchased AION when it first came out, but sold it afterwards; kept some old Sony originals though (Suikoden II, Legend of Zelda etc.). Some of my favorite games deserve to be paid for (Starcraft, CIV, Mass Effect etc.), so I will do them justice once I graduate and get a job.

Always digital. While at 30mbps I'm not on a particularly fast connection, I can bear downloading a game overnight, compared to having it shipped in from the nearest game store, which is 100 miles away. Also I'm probably going to have it cheaper online anyways, as while the digital and physical releases tend to be the same price (duh, that's stupid...) the local taxes just put the physical copies up to outrageous prices.

I always love getting a physical copy of the game but lately I haven't felt the need to get one, it's so much easier to go on Steam and buy a game or simply get a key from G2A or Kinguin, internet has made game purchasing really easy.
I still have a box full with a lot of classic games like Prince of Persia and God of War, I'll probably never throw it out since it's a part of my childhood and I grew up playing those games everyday. Nowadays it's also really easy to get digital copies on consoles.

Always digitial. Not being a console player, it is just too easy now. I probably haven´t bought a physical game since Clinton was President.. oh.. other than a collectors edition of WOW-Lich King.

For our house, it depends on who's buying the game. If it's a new game that my brother likes, he'll pre-order it so he can get a physical copy.

If I know I'm going to play something, I'm going to purchase it 99.9% of the time. It's usually on Steam anyways.

I prefer digital storage for my games especially since I'm not stable atm, I'm a college student, I move and travel a lot. If I ever settle down I might consider collecting physical copies just to create a library that gives me a sense of satisfaction since I've always loved collecting things I love like manga and old game CDs.

Back