Do You Read History Books?

Nomad

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
History is one of my favorite subjects. I like reading history books. I like reading about ancient civilizations, as well as medieval civilizations. Reading history helps me understand people and the world.

Yes and not by choice lol.

I have not read a couple of history books, but the ones that I did was a result of trying to find out about certain aspects of power.

Yes of course, I enjoy reading history books as well as fictional books too.

I'm currently reading this book Themes in West Africa's History.

Screenshot_20230213_180928_Chrome.jpg

I love that stuff, so I don’t find it boring
Depending on the book though. I had a great time reading Manhunt by James L. Swanson which was about the 12-Day Manhunt that almost tore the country apart after the assassination of Lincoln. You've read the book?

I've read historical fiction but I don't read just down right history books. Not since I was in school anyway.

back then, I did enjoy reading a book about Hiroshima, Forgot the title, but it kept me engaged

I do not. However, I do sometimes do research for something I am writing, but I don't usually use a history book for that.

I have read some history books but I try to find those with a good equal narrative, not just one sided like you would find in a school textbook. History has good & bad in it & a book should reflect that.

I read encyclopedia books to look up historical events. I also read the Guinness Book of world records.

I have read some history books but I try to find those with a good equal narrative, not just one sided like you would find in a school textbook. History has good & bad in it & a book should reflect that.
Yeah, that's very correct. If a history book doesn't reflect on both good and bad variables that took place in history of a particular race, it's not worth reading.

I love reading history books so much, I sometimes forget that I'm not actually a time traveler! It's amazing to learn about the triumphs and tribulations of our ancestors, and to see how far we've come as a species. Who needs a time machine when you have a good history book?

I love reading history books so much, I sometimes forget that I'm not actually a time traveler! It's amazing to learn about the triumphs and tribulations of our ancestors, and to see how far we've come as a species. Who needs a time machine when you have a good history book?
I would definitely love to use a time machine once just to be there to see what happened first hand if it's possible :madlaugh:

I would definitely love to use a time machine once just to be there to see what happened first hand if it's possible :madlaugh:
I would be way too scared to use a time machine.
-
I agree. History books are amazing. You definitely feel like you're going back in time.

Back