Do you sell trading cards on steam?

Danielx64

Credits
Yeah just curious if many of you sell your trading cards to make some $$$ so that you can buy another game. In one day I managed to sell 70 cards. Didn't make me rich but enouch to buy a small DLC or game.

I didn't even know that was a thing you can do. I've only had Steam for a few years and I hardly use it. I have games that I mean to play, but gaming on a PC feels weird.

Not surprised they do this, but its not something I do.

I tried selling cards on there before but they'd just sit there not doing anything so I gave up on the concept. I started turning all of them into gems or whatever that is and then turning them into sacks.

It's a weird system that I never quite understood but I suppose I can get the appeal to those with a collector's mindset.

I mean why not? But you have to get games to get cards, so it's mostly just trying to get some of the money you got from buying the game in the first place. The one time I got free cards was on a sale, and I think they only sold for a few cents. Not even close to buying a good game, so you'll most likely end up just saving it, or spending it on an indie game that probably won't have that much replay value. But that's just me, it's not really that big of an incentive since you have to do a lot of things to get them.

I didn't even know that was a thing you can do. I've only had Steam for a few years and I hardly use it. I have games that I mean to play, but gaming on a PC feels weird.
You can sell cards you get from playing games that you recently purchased (up to 3 or depending on the game), or for free-to-play games like Dota , you get cards by buying items or any in-game purchase. You can create badges with them if you collect all cards in the game, but that's gonna be complicated since you only get half the cards; meaning you have to either trade for the others or buy them at the Steam Market. You also don't get a guarantee that the cards you WILL get in the games would be all different. You can also sell the cards on the Market yourself, since there are others trying to complete their set. It's just a few cents each but I guess if you do it enough it will probably be enough for a decent game on sale.

This year's Summer Sales have more than cards, it seems. The new craze is "sticker books". I haven't had a sticker book since I was 5 years old. What's the deal? Also, you can get 3 cards daily for the entire sale by browsing through the recommended games, and they sell for a good few cents if you are trying to get the most out of the sales.

Yeah, I did this a couple of years ago. There are lots of giveaways for obscure indie games all over the place: I picked the ones that had trading cards, collected them all with Idle Master and then sold them singularly (most would sell for 0.02$ tops, but sometimes you could sell the rarer ones for 0.10$). It took me a week on average to sell them all. I did this for some months and managed to save enough to buy Guacamelee during the Steam Sales. If you did this for a year or so you could even buy yourself a nice game.

Summer sale ended; I got a good haul of games combining my $10 budget (lol) with selling cards that I got daily through the sale. I made sure to get them all and then quickly sold them, then bought games and sold their cards as well. The snowball got pretty big and I am really satisfied with the games I got. Who knew it would be a fun sort of meta game to earn as much as you can while selling cards on Steam?

I honestly never bothered with the whole collecting different cards and then crafting them and turning them into different things.

I am far too lazy to collect all and I feel like it would take far too long if you'd try to collect them all without spending money.

So the most logical thing for me was to simply sell these cards. I have been selling them for years now and I can say that you can make a nice profit. You can quite easily sell your cards then make enough to buy a couple of good lower cost games.

Some of my cards even sold for $0.70+

It actually did not enter my mind. But the thought of it sounds interesting. Although I don't have that many trading cards as of now, I think one day they'll be of use. ^^

I've got a whole bunch of cards that I've collected over the years, but I've never quite got the purpose of them. Every so often I get the green notification in the top right saying I have new things in my inventory, click it to stop it being highlighted then head back to my library.

I've got a whole bunch of cards that I've collected over the years, but I've never quite got the purpose of them. Every so often I get the green notification in the top right saying I have new things in my inventory, click it to stop it being highlighted then head back to my library.
Have a look at Steam Community :: Steam Trading Cards if you want to know more about Steam trading cards and what you can do with then.

I've sold some of the Steam Sale cards... (Sold a foil version for 40 cents, though most cards usually sell for like 10 cents. ) Though I don't sell ones from the sets from games. I try to collect them all to turn them into badges. I haven't managed to actually complete a badge from a game yet though. (Steam says that as other people complete badges that booster packs can drop for you... I've yet to see one drop though.)

I've also bought Steam cards too (using money I made from selling Steam Cards). I was trying to complete a set for this year's steam sale badge but the trade page wouldn't load for me. (I kept getting error 301.) So I just sold a bunch of spares and then bought the last 2 cards I needed for the set. I still came out ahead in it all. (I had 1.25 on my account when I started, finished with 1.35.) Not a huge profit mind you but still it's more than I started with.

Though as the Steam Sale cards near their expiration date I'll likely just turn them into gems.

I have steam cards for some guys but i am not would someone actually be interested in buying them..

Aah! There is most effectively games. W:)W

We have awesome offers like Play Rummy Online 24x7, Love Classic Indian Rummy and Win Cash Prizes at Rummy Passion. Register to Play 13 Card Rummy Games and Get Rs 2,000 Welcome Bonus.

Back