Do you set limit to your credit card?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I do. Most of the time the actual limitation is a bit too much. So I try to set limit to my card and try to minimise my spendings.
What about you guys?

I have one but rarely use it. But it is secure so if I want to buy online I might.

My credit card has a $1000 limit on it. The credit card company has sent me quite a few letters to get me to up my credit limit but I never do it. I don't even need that $1000 limit but that was what I got when I applied for the card. I only got it so that I could increase my credit score. I always pay my card off quickly if I ever put anything on it.

I know life time cards exist, that doesn’t mean I need to own one.
When I tried to cancel my credit card ....my bank relationship manager told me 'Madam, this is a life time free credit card. You don't have to pay the fee for anything. Just keep it with you and don't use it. Isn't that simple? I can't cancel it because it's against the policy'
;_;

I use it whenever I can for big purchases because of the rewards. Plus, as long as you pay it off straight away at the end of the month when the balance is due, it's not a problem to use them.

I use it whenever I can for big purchases because of the rewards. Plus, as long as you pay it off straight away at the end of the month when the balance is due, it's not a problem to use them.
True. However it's not a good idea to keep using it..
Later, it will be difficult to save stuff.... That's why I try to set up a limit for it... To limit my spending

True. However it's not a good idea to keep using it..
Later, it will be difficult to save stuff.... That's why I try to set up a limit for it... To limit my spending
For me, it's only things that I would be buying anyway, to be honest. Better for me to use the credit card, get some rewards, and pay it off in a months time than just pay for it now

For me, it's only things that I would be buying anyway, to be honest. Better for me to use the credit card, get some rewards, and pay it off in a months time than just pay for it now
Haha... Well, auto debit would be a good feature to maintain the credit card and I use that feature, just to be on the safe side.
The interest rate of credit card is a bit too much from what I have heard.

I do. Most of the time the actual limitation is a bit too much. So I try to set limit to my card and try to minimise my spendings.
What about you guys?
I hardly use credit card, so I don't brother with setting limit.

I hardly use credit card, so I don't brother with setting limit.
Oh o_O
That's cool. I make use of my credit card just to improve my credit card score ( I plan to buy a house in the near future...so I will have to take out some sort of loan)

Oh o_O
That's cool. I make use of my credit card just to improve my credit card score ( I plan to buy a house in the near future...so I will have to take out some sort of loan)
I hope you buy exactly the kind of house you dream of. I'm going to build mine from the foundation scratch.

I don't own a credit card by choice as I do not trust myself, I would say that I would set a limit and then wouldn't and get myself in a mess. I would much rather just have a debit card, to be honest, and only spend what I have on the card so that I can't get myself into any kind of debt.

Back