Do you still go to library?

Henrywrites

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I was a constant visitor to the library during my school days and I even had a corner where I prefer to read. Challenges of life has made it impossible for me to visit the library always now. What about you?

Not really, unless I wanted to try and get a girlfriend from one ^^;

I visit ours every so often but it’s not the same as it was years ago. At our old house, before all this self-scan, there was socializing. Now, you request books online & go there to pick them up & even scan them yourself. You don’t talk to anybody! No interactions anymore.
I tend to go more in the winter when we are stuck inside due to the cold weather.

I visit ours every so often but it’s not the same as it was years ago. At our old house, before all this self-scan, there was socializing. Now, you request books online & go there to pick them up & even scan them yourself. You don’t talk to anybody! No interactions anymore.
I tend to go more in the winter when we are stuck inside due to the cold weather.

The world is evolving and that is something that has affected the reading culture too. I was thinking there should be more interactions in the library for example.

I don't go to the library mainly because of a lack of time. I may more likely go to the library if I have fewer home responsibility like vacuuming, cooking, paying bills, grocery shopping, etc and online tasks like e-mail, forums, and reading news articles and watching news videos which take up more of my time.

I used to go to my local library in California, but only for the comic books.

For some reason, my local library always stayed current on newly released DC, Marvel and Image comics. I used to go there just to read the DC Metal event as it was being published, without actually having to buy the books. It was wierd, since you would think the publishers (Detective Comics) would want to SELL their syndicated books, but -aparently- that's not exactly how they've been making their money.

It was about a 20-minute drive to the closest library when I grew up and the library was about the size of a small house, so I never got too involved with them. Once I lived somewhere that had one within walking distance, the tech world mostly filled the void that a library would, so I never really changed my ways.

My dad still goes but the reading I want most of the time is online or in a book I bought for a Kindle or Nook. I have been in Barnes & Noble a few times for the newer stuff, but it really varies depending on the location. The one that is farther away from me has a better Manga selection than the one closer to me that I'm more likely to be in on occasion because it is in a mall.

I use to go all the time when I was a kid and I was still in school.

I haven't been in so long now it's pathetic. I should utilize it more....

The world is evolving and that is something that has affected the reading culture too. I was thinking there should be more interactions in the library for example.
Ours do have classes they offer i.e. for reading but more are geared towards the kids. Does yours offer any extracurricular classes? Do you go yourself?

I was a constant visitor to the library during my school days and I even had a corner where I prefer to read. Challenges of life has made it impossible for me to visit the library always now. What about you?
Yes I go to the library especially when I need to read extensively.

Yes I go to library especially when I want to make vast research.

I only do now to try out a book and if I like it, I'll buy it online. I think the bigger question is if I take the time to read anymore, and unfortunately the answer is not as much as I like. So having stuff around for if the time comes is more convenient.

Back