Do you still play classic pokemon games?

Baw$e

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I grew up playing pokemon game. Red, blue, and green versions for Gameboy is where I first started.

Does anyone still play the classics or hacked versions with emulators?

I'm more into Generations 3-5, but I did play Blue a few times. I have played a little of Crystal and so far it's pretty good.

All the time. Though I play the newest ones too. I jump back and fourth between every generation of pokemon all the time. It's probably my favorite game series and I find a lot of comfort in casually playing through the games again. I also shiny hunt which is easy to lose track of time with. Pokemon Crystal is probably my most played game in all my time gaming. I have played this game off and on for over 20 years now.

Im about to fire up the N64 thing and play me some Pokemon Stadium lol.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It's one of my favourite games of all time.
I don't play it often, but it's something I savour when I do.

Explorers of Sky is packed with content, it has a bouncy, adventurous and emotional soundtrack, and it delivers on some imaginative, highly detailed pixel artwork for the DS. The story is very engaging and ambitious too, especially given that it's a spin-off Pokemon game on a handheld console.

If you haven't played it already, I highly recommend it.

I never felt like getting into emulation or retro to play them and the new stuff is not my thing. Although I can't honestly say that I would enjoy them very much anymore without a core group of friends to compare Pokemon to and the like.

I could never get into the older Pokemon games even though I tried to do so. I always remember trying and my brothers were heavily into the games but they never took the time out to help me play and understand.

As of late, I've been playing lots of GBA Pokémon games trying to complete my National Pokédex, two times for 5 games! ...Yes, I'm a bit insane!

Back