• I consider myself mostly neutral to it

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, I don't think I've asked the obvious question yet. So let's ask it anyone; do you support it?

And why do you/don't you?

I don't really support it at all. Mostly because there is no organization, it started on an iffy foundation, and if you look at most places that are hangouts for GamerGate it seems like it's just general anger/yelling at the "other." Not really what I want in my escapist hobbies.

I can't even say for sure what Gamergate's even really supposed to be about. Seems to just be a massive crap storm of nonsense and whining about games and games coverage don't live up to others personal expectations. The immaturity level of everyone on either side of the gamergate fence is just embarrassing.

Could games and gaming culture stand to be more inclusive of genders, gender roles, sexuality and race/culture? Yes, of course they could, and there's not really an argument against that. Everything can always stand to be open and inclusive, because it leads to diversity and new ideas. Could game's coverage and media stand to be a little less biased? Probably, yes. Is this worth throwing a massive internet hissy fit and representing both of those causes in an extremely bad light and doing no justice to the actual, legitimate issues at the heart of it all? Nope. There are much better ways of campaigning for better games and game media then stooping the level of the children who were arguing with you to begin with.

Back