Do you take your 3DS console around with you?

I always take it with me wherever I go (except school). I bought it a year ago and I only got 3 or 4 StreetPasses...
sad.gif

When I get a 3DS, it's not leaving my house ever. Like when I got my DSi, I didn't start taking it with me until after a year and a half or so because I'm afraid it will get stolen. I don't trust anyone near my stuff.

I've started to take it out with me to more places. That said, it all depends on the destination.

I always make jokes about me walking around playgrounds and vigorously rubbing my backpack up against kids in a desperate attempt to get more StreetPasses.

*awkward coughing commences*

Well, streetpasses are cool, but I take my 3DS anywhere with me so I can play anywhere and anytime I want! Like for example in the bus, in the subway, in a doctor's waiting room, etc. etc.

The way you worded that, you make it sound like people are lugging around a Wii-sized system on a keychain.

I take it everywhere, and even school sometimes. I have received tons of StreetPass tags, along with a tag of myself.

June 2011:
StreetPass Tags: 4
Plaza Population: 4

June 2012:
StreetPass Tags: 96
Plaza Population: 71

Thats a big difference in StreetPass tags compared to last year!

In just one hour in the airport waiting to board a plane I got 76 tags! CRAZAY!
Tell me, is there still a 10-at-one-time limit on Mii's, or can you get a lot more before having to open StreetPass Plaza and deal with them all?

The way you worded that, you make it sound like people are lugging around a Wii-sized system on a keychain.

Are you talking to me?

Well, the 3DS is more powerful than the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, and even GameCube! It's basically a home console... but in your pocket!
smile.gif

I usually leave my 3DS at home. Figuring that I take my "DS" around with me instead.

Are you talking to me?

Well, the 3DS is more powerful than the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, and even GameCube! It's basically a home console... but in your pocket!
smile.gif

I think Zexis was referring to the original poster, AKA Nin3DS. But you're definitely right, it's one heck of a pint-sized system!

Oh yeah I take my 3ds everywhere it just might be my only friend... Oh god im so lonely...

From the day I got mine (the day the 3ds launched) I got into the habit of carrying it EVERYWHERE and I MEAN EVERYWHERE!!! Every morning after I get dressed I put it in my pocket for the whole day, even if I don't leave the house. I even never turn it off, only when I have to change SD cards and then I turn it right back on. The only time I don't have it with me is when I'm wearing pajamas (because the pockets are small and it falls out often) or if I'm out on the water. I even carry my games and SD cards in my other pocket. The only weird thing is that my plaza population is 27 counting myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no reason NOT to take it around with you. I get streetpasses fairly often as long as I turn on the wifi in the right areas. I think one of the main reasons I like the 3DS is how it interacts with others. I get in-game bonuses, Streetpass Plaza unlocks, Swapnotes, and more.

I take my 3DS almost everywhere. Its hard though because i have the powerpack plus, which adds bulk to the system. But yeah, I take it to school and keep it in my locker so if in the morning a kid with streetpass walks by my locker, i'll get him. But im not allowed to keep it in my pocket because its against the rules. One kid got caught with his 3ds sticking out of his pocket in math and was sent to the principals.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I take mine everywhere possible, even at college. (Believe it or not, I get a streetpass every now and then there.)[/font]

The 3DS is not a console... >__>

Actually it is. It's a handheld console. In common use it's enough to simply refer to a 'handheld' to distinguish from regular home 'consoles', but it is still a handheld console.

I don't take the 3ds out and about with me day to day. I have taken it on a few trips though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Just To Work...It Gets Boring There[/font]

Back