Do you think 3D Printed Plastic items are good enough instead of expensive 3D printed metal stuff?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think most people will use 3D printers to print stuff like cups, toys, key chains, and other small items where plastic is good enough unless you need a more durable metal item printed from a more expensive 3D printer which prints metal objects, and use more expensive metal to print out 3D objects.

A lot of the time people use 3D printers to print out a model of something like a phone case, and how something will look and feel, and latter hire a factory which can use molds, machines, and people to more quickly build many items per hour. I think cheap plastic models would be good enough to see the basic look and feel of an item.

I really haven't heard of a cheap making 3D printer (Cheap as in the quality), so I would think anything would be good, to the standards of the material that is.

I really haven't heard of a cheap making 3D printer (Cheap as in the quality), so I would think anything would be good, to the standards of the material that is.

I haven't heard of any cheap as in quality 3D printers as well. But, I saw a video online where it said sometimes the user of the 3S printer need to use sand paper to make the plastic more smooth. I think you may need to polish or paint the plastic with wax to make it look more shiny, smooth, and protecting the plastic like waxing a car's paint.

Back