Do you think a forum, YouTube channel, website be more successful if it had a Physical Office?

No, but each their own.

I agree. Each their own.

I remember once I had to do some work at a smaller company who used a house's bedroom as an office for many people to worked in. It felt kind of cramped, and there was not much privacy. I notice a lot of the workers were also sick possibly from the poor air circulation. Workers also complained about the temperature where some people turned up the heat while other people want the bedroom office to be cooler.

I think once you start sharing a regular size bedroom with more than two staff members for a website like a forum about local tourist attractions in your town, it maybe more comfortable to have a medium size office room, or a few rooms with a desk, so staff have their space to work more comfortably.

People like myself doesn't have an full big office other then in there home. I never had a great office in my home, it's in the living room with others things happening and YouTube wasn't easy with background noise. Until now! Well not yet of now lol. My bedroom in my new home is bigger and quiet and with an news countryside lookout of the window.

When I was doing my Certificate (posted this before) in information technology, I was the only student in the full state of the college that I was at that I had my own office room.

WP_20150703_006.jpg
This is back in 2015, and yeah my own room that I can close the door. That's my best year ever at college, I spent full days up there and well, watching allot of youtube and uploading and making allot of websites and work.

WP_20150515_009.jpg
Here is another view., I don't have that anymore because I'm not in Australia and left. I like to mention that I was the first and last to do that. The room as I known since May has been locked down because of the sh#t happening between teachers and students, no it's not me. Teachers always let me used it to the very last day of 4 days before Christmas

Git more images also

For a youtube channel, website or forum, I think that unless your staff are from the same location or you are providing some kind of service or goods, it makes less sense. The need for a physical building could be if you have the need to store physical things, meet with people, have a reception to receive feedback and requests.

Considering the potential expenses for this, it could work only if you are set in making a business and got the proper funds to hire people then it makes sense, especially if you can use your location to strengthen your position by advertising in your city, hosting some contents, etc.

I definitely don't think it would guarantee a better success just by itself.

I think an office does not need to be a whole building or entire floor on a building where rent is more expensive.

An office could just be a small to medium sized room which can fit a medium size table which has enough room to put a few laptops, and desktop computers for a few people to work comfortably in.

It maybe possible for people in some places with a lot of empty buildings and rooms to cheaply rent or borrow a room for a few days in a office building, school/college, or warehouse for working on a website a few days a week or hours a day with a few people.

Once the whole website is setup, and has enough content, staff could work from home.

Everyone needs their 'mancave' so to speak as in a room where its their kingdom and you are 100% comfortable in.

I agree, everyone needs a mancave.

Sadly, a mancave is becoming harder to create for many people because of the rising cost of rent for apartments, single rooms, and full-size homes, or part of a room in some big cities where you need to share the room with someone who has money to split the cost of rent, but maybe noisy and have annoying habits like talking too much and listening to loud music all the time.

I think sometimes it is possible to borrow an empty room or office with a desk, chair, and internet connection at college if you have learning problems or your college is generous at giving places for students to study, and do your computer and writing tasks.

It may also be possible to work on your website during lunch breaks, and after work hours at some offices if you tell your boss, and make a deal where you do more tasks like cleaning and security work after work hours in exchange for lending the office to you for a few hours after work.

I think if you treated it like an at home business and created an area just for your business you could thrive, not sure how it would work on having employees though.

If a website like an online forum for selling stuff like Craigslist have employees, it could be a good time to think about finding a bigger place, so staff would be comfortable, and have enough space for all their work stuff like a desk, printer, computer, external hard drives, books, office supplies and desk phone which they need to quickly do their work.

Back