Do you think computers still have video ports like VGA, DVI, HDMI in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think for Apple computers, there may not be video ports like HDMI ports for video in Apple Mac computers in the future. The newest Apple Macbook Pro 2017 laptop no longer have a HDMI port, so users need to buy a USB-C to HDMI adapter to use a HDMI monitor or use a USB-C monitor which uses USB-C as the video connector type.

In the far future, Windows computers may no longer come with any video ports, and people would need to buy a USB-C to HDMI adapter to use a HDMI monitor, install a 3rd-party video card with a HDMI and DVI port, or buy a USB-C monitor to use on a PC with only USB-C ports.

More people are using wireless video hardware like Google Chromecast, Apple TV, and programs like remote desktop and thin client operating systems and programs on a Smart TV/monitor. For general non-gaming tasks like office work, and web browsing using a wireless video to show a desktop on a TV can work for most basic users.

I think so, not everything has made the jump to HDMI yet. Plus most monitors come with VGA or DVI cords and not HDMI.

I think so, not everything has made the jump to HDMI yet. Plus most monitors come with VGA or DVI cords and not HDMI.

All-In-One desktop computers with built-in monitors are becoming more popular with basic computer users, schools, and businesses. I think cheaper All-in-one PCs don't have HDMI, VGA, and DVI ports to hook up an extra monitor to create a dual-monitor computer setup.

Smaller desktop computers like mini-computers maybe the first computers to not come with video ports because many people who use these mini-PC use them for non-video tasks like making a FTP file and printer server or a VPN and TOR connection server where people use command lines to remotely control and connect to the computer from another computer, smartphone with a monitor on the same network or over the internet by using SSH command line or remote desktop.

There are USB monitors which can transmit both video and power over USB-C, and has a built-in USB-C charger to charge tablets, smartphones and laptops over the USB-C connection while the display is used to display video.

One of the disadvantages of VGA, DVI, and HDMI is that they can't charge the battery on connected devices like a laptop which is connected to it like USB-C.

Back