Do you think fewer people buy hard drives with less common storage capacity like 1.5 TB?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel most people will rather spend sloghtky more money for a 2 TB drive, or slightly less money for a 1TB drive,

I bet, 1.5 TB and other weird capacities like 700GB and 320GB drivea dont sell as many drives as 500GB, 2TB, 1TB,ETC.

Unless you're looking at an SSD, I see no reason why you would settle for less than 1 TB.

Yeah, that's probably the reason they are less common. If they were popular choices they would be more common in terms of availability.

Depends on what you need.
1 TB is cool to have if you need to store lots of data, but definitely not necessary for people that use a browser for most of the time.

Also depends on whether you want 1 TB as an HDD or SSD.
1 TB SSD would be a dream to have, but it's currently way too expensive to afford.
And now I've been using SSD-based PCs for quite some years now, I find it rather bothersome to switch back to HDD. (;´∀`)

Depends on what you need.
1 TB is cool to have if you need to store lots of data, but definitely not necessary for people that use a browser for most of the time.

Also depends on whether you want 1 TB as an HDD or SSD.
1 TB SSD would be a dream to have, but it's currently way too expensive to afford.
And now I've been using SSD-based PCs for quite some years now, I find it rather bothersome to switch back to HDD. (;´∀`)

The re-sale value of a used PC with a 1TB hard drive will be higher, and easier to sell on sites like eBay than a similar used computer with a 750GB hard drive, and the same CPU, RAM, motherboard, and case configuration.

For users who's internet is unstable, broken, and have bandwidth limits, a 1TB hard drive is useful for storing a lot of games, high quality music files like FLAC, and Digital movies which were copied/ripped from Blu-Ray/DVD movie discs, or downloaded from the internet when the internet was working, or when the user uses free wi-fi at the library, school, or work to download many movies and games on to their hard drive.

Many computers are also used by more than one user, so the 1TB of space is used up very quickly if many people use the same 1TB drive for storing their games, files, and programs.

Back