Do you think Gaming Arcades be more popular if the Arcade machines had online multiplayer games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it is possible that Gaming Arcades will be more popular if the gaming arcade machines can access the internet to play online multi-player games with other arcade machines, PCs, and consoles which is connected to the internet, and the arcade machines can also be used to watch livestreams of other gamers playing games at other arcades from around the world.

I think it would be cool, and make arcades more popular, by having online multiplayer games, and livestreams. I'd definitely be interested in playing those.

Can be easily done, though I don't know how much that would cost.

Can be easily done, though I don't know how much that would cost.

I think if Gaming Arcade machines uses a PC to run a arcade game, and uses on existing online gaming services for PC like Steam, the cost will be more affordable.

But, the cost of networking devices like routers, switches, network cables, and network adapters will cost some money to connect all the arcade gaming machines to the internet.

The internet connection will most likely cost hundreds to thousands of dollars a month to subscribe to if there are many Gaming machines in one arcade.

I think if Gaming Arcade machines uses a PC to run a arcade game, and uses on existing online gaming services for PC like Steam, the cost will be more affordable.

But, the cost of networking devices like routers, switches, network cables, and network adapters will cost some money to connect all the arcade gaming machines to the internet.

The internet connection will most likely cost hundreds to thousands of dollars a month to subscribe to if there are many Gaming machines in one arcade.

I assume there is some kind of licensing fee that goes with having use to different games.

One of the businesses I wanted to start was this particular thing. People could basically get a monthly membership pass (like the gym) and be able to come and play multiplayer video games on consoles (CoD, Overwatch, ect.) I personally think it would be quite successful and would stop youth causing trouble - if they weren't able to afford consoles themselves. So I think an arcade would definitely benefit.

I assume there is some kind of licensing fee that goes with having use to different games.

There are also free online multiplayer games where people can play games for free. I think free games like Dota 2, League of Legends, Sudden Attack, and Maple Story are popular in PC Gaming Cafe in South Korea.

The profits from paper money and coins which people put into the machine to play games is shared with the arcade, game maker, and the owner of the arcade machines.

Back