Do you think hosting a website on the darkweb/TOR would slow down the number of spammer, and trolls?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think websites who are hosted on the darkweb/tor will slow down the amount of spamming and trolling posts by keeping the website hidden from most people including spammers and trolls. There are less people who know how to access the darkweb by using a TOR proxy and web browser.

Hosting a site on Darkweb/TOR will cause it to have fewer visitors, trolls, and spammers, so there will be less spam and trolls from people who are too lazy to learn how to use the darkweb/tor to access tor websites.

Have you been to the darkweb?! Trolls/spammers would be the least of your worries.

Have you been to the darkweb?! Trolls/spammers would be the least of your worries.

The Darkweb/TOR was invented by the US Navy according to Tor (anonymity network) - Wikipedia , so it is legal to use for most tasks which are legal in the US. Many journalist and US spies most likely use TOR to leak information about some countries like North Korea without the North Koreans detecting them as easily with traditional network monitoring software.

There are TOR Darkweb apps which you can download from Google Play, Windows, and Linux, so it is legal if you use it for legal tasks.

I used TOR a few times to access blocked websites on people's network. Not all darkweb sites are bad. Some people in other countries use the darkweb to talk about stuff like Anime which maybe banned in countries which don't like Japanese Animation, or to hide their web browsing history from their parents, and the owner of the network.

I've been on the darkweb once, but seeing the content there, I won't access it a second time any more.
Darkweb might make it easier for you to hide yourself away, but it doesn't mean you will always remain safe.

A few years ago, a Belgian paedo was caught by a Dutch TV programme for example (with some help from Anonymous):

The Belgian paedo used the darkweb too, just in case you don't understand what they're saying.

I've been on the darkweb once, but seeing the content there, I won't access it a second time any more.
Darkweb might make it easier for you to hide yourself away, but it doesn't mean you will always remain safe.

A few years ago, a Belgian paedo was caught by a Dutch TV programme for example (with some help from Anonymous):

The Belgian paedo used the darkweb too, just in case you don't understand what they're saying.

I feel when you watch illegal content on the regular web, or from DVDs bought from a shady person you met from a social network, you would eventually be caught by someone who disagree with what you are viewing, and found out you are viewing illegal content.

I read on a tech blog that it is possible to buy legal stuff like electronics on the Darkweb, but there are also illegal stuff like weapons being sold on the darkweb, so not all pages on the darkweb contains illegal content, and things for sales. There are some regular websites on the regular web like social networks, blogs, and file sharing sites which contain illegal stuff as well.

Marketplace was actually one of the least concerning things I've seen there, other than shops happily admitting they can sell their goods so cheap because they stole it.

Marketplace was actually one of the least concerning things I've seen there, other than shops happily admitting they can sell their goods so cheap because they stole it.

At least, shops on the darkweb are honest that the goods are stolen unlike some robbers who sell stolen goods at pawnshops, and websites like Craigslist, eBay, and social networking sites where anyone can sell and buy stuff without proof of purchase, and meet up with people to buy goods in person.

Don't matter if the darkweb is good or bad, fact is that it has plenty of people that will use your site for shady means. Two users sign up and the next thing you know they are smuggling drugs through PMs and you got the FBI is at your door.

Depending on the soft drugs you want to buy, you can get a bit of it legally over here.
But the laws regarding that are a bit dumb too, because most locals don't use drugs at all (all the profit comes from foreigners), and yet most coffee shops are not allowed to sell drugs to foreigners (had an American visitor trying to buy some, but they refused to sell it to him, so I had to buy some (against my will) for him).
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Worth noting: the term "coffee shop" over here has nothing to do with coffee.
Instead, it's a term we use to describe "a place where you can buy soft drugs".

Don't matter if the darkweb is good or bad, fact is that it has plenty of people that will use your site for shady means. Two users sign up and the next thing you know they are smuggling drugs through PMs and you got the FBI is at your door.

I feel having shady members is one of the risk of running a website which allow anyone to join, and talk to other members. I read on Instagram used as gun market without restrictions that shady people are using regular websites hosted on the regular internet like Instagram for selling weapons even when buying guns from an unlicensed dealer is illegal, and selling guns to unlicense gun owners is illegal in most countries. There are careless people who use regular e-mail services like gmail and Yahoo mail for illegal purposes, so having a site hosted on the regular web may not decrease the chance of members using a site for illegal purposes like drug smuggling.

There are already encrypted darkweb e-mail providers and instant messengers which do a better job at protecting people's privacy than a regular forum hosted on the darkweb, so most people who sell drugs on the darkweb would pick the most way to chat on the darkweb.

Last edited:
Back