Do you think in the future most online workers will earn more than most offline workers?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
There is a possibility that most full-time online workers and workers who work for an online company like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, Twitch, and Twitter will earn more money than most offline jobs in the future.

If you know how to do a useful skill like driving a car, and know how to socialize with people, it is possible to make a decent amount of money driving for online ride sharing companies like Uber and Lyft which are causing traditional offline Taxi and bus companies to not make as much money as the past. There are also sites like Fivver where you can make good money by coding, graphic design, web design, and selling other services.

Internet companies like Amazon are buying offline companies these days like how Amazon bought Whole Foods and the Washington Post, and turning them into online companies.

I think more computer programming jobs are considered online jobs because the workers need to make online programs which are hosted on a website, or game like an MMORPG or program like online office suite can access the internet to share files, or for backing up to Google Drive or OneDrive.

Most new computer hardware now can be remotely access from a remote access client to change settings, or restart the computer reducing the need to go to work to fix software problems.

There are not as many factory, retail, Security, and other types jobs these days in some places compared to the past because of low paid workers from other countries, and machines like self-check out cash registers, alarm systems, security cameras, robots, and the internet which may reduce the need to hire as many workers.

There are some websites where people can easily find and hire workers for jobs like hiring a driver to drive them somewhere, cleaning, and lawn care for more affordable prices, and better service.

I notice more offline workers, and non-working workers say that they can't find good paying jobs, or their boss is cutting their hours because websites like Amazon, Craigslist, and eBay are taking most of their buyers away from them, so the store earns less money, or losing money if they don't make enough to pay for workers, electricity, and other expenses.

Last edited:
Depends on the job, there are many jobs which can't be done online and could be high paid. I don't think its easy to separate it in this way. What I can say is that it is likely more and more jobs become decentralized and are done online from peoples homes.

Depends on the job, there are many jobs which can't be done online and could be high paid. I don't think its easy to separate it in this way. What I can say is that it is likely more and more jobs become decentralized and are done online from peoples homes.

I think in the future when the internet connection is more reliable, and faster, there will be more people who remotely control a robot with the internet to do tasks like fix a door knob, stove, roof, and other physical tasks, or use video conferencing software like Skype to work as a judge or lawyer in a law court. Using video conferencing software is safer than showing up to court where criminals can get angry, and start a fight with the judge and lawyers in the courtroom.

I know some people who work at many online jobs, run online businesses, write blog posts and eBooks for money, and sell things like the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Nes Mini for above the retail price of the item because of low demand. If you own a home, and a car, you can now rent them out on rental websites where people like tourists who need to rent a home and car for a day or more.

There are also some more lucky online workers who got rich because they sold their digital property like valuable website domain name, website software, chat app, and social networking profile username to a bigger company, or big celebrity who are willing to pay a lot of money for digital property which they feel are worth the high price.

Depends on the company, but I don't see them being paid more.

Depends on the company, but I don't see them being paid more.

I think it depends on the type of job as well. If you work in a tech job, you may make more money if you have a lot of online web skills like making web apps. Working as an online worker who can do web design, website troubleshooting and repair, removing malware from web servers, and other web tasks can make a good money if the worker is very good at web design, fixing websites, and cyber security.

It can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars to design a custom websites. Removing viruses from a web server, and cyber security can be very expensive, and require high skilled online workers which cost a lot to hire sometimes even when hiring online workers.

Back