Do you think many people buy Apple iPhone and Mac Computers mainly to use Apple Safari web browser?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think Apple Safari web browser maybe one of the main reasons some people buy an Apple device like an iPhone or Mac computer. Apple Safari web browser is only available for Apple Devices, so if you want to use Apple Safari, you need to own an Apple iPhone, iPad, Mac computer, or Apple TV.

Some people maybe too used to Apple Safari's user interface and features where using other web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, etc are not good for their needs.

There also maybe some people who trust Apple Safari more than Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox at keeping them safe and making their web browsing more private by disabling tracking cookies.

I doubt it, they are mostly bought for either their long live expectancy or GFX needs.

I doubt it, they are mostly bought for either their long live expectancy or GFX needs.

I agree, they are mostly bought for the long life expectancy, and GFX needs.

If Apple computers were cheaper, they maybe bought more often for the Apple Safari web browser because Safari does not break as much compared to Internet Explorer which seems to break a lot for some users. Safari's user interface is simple like Google Chrome, so people can learn how to easily use Safari. Google Chromebooks are also kind of restrictive unless you buy a newer Chromebook which can run Google Android apps install Ubuntu Linux on another partition, or a SD card.

Some people may buy an Apple computer for the high resale used value. Some Apple computers maybe worth more in many years if there are huge fans where they pay many thousands of dollars for an antique like the original unopened iPhone 1.

No, people don't buy Apple for the browser. They buy it for the status.

No, people don't buy Apple for the browser. They buy it for the status.

I agree many people buy Apple for the Status.

But, Safari web browser can be consider a status symbol to some people like Apple PC and other software like Apple Garage band software, iOS and OS X. Safari is the only web browser made by Apple, and it is exclusive to Apple computers, iPad, and iPhone.

Remember how I said that Apple hardware are stable for a very long time?
I guess I'll need to take my words back now.

I've been using my laptop as a desktop almost exclusively, but yesterday I need to take it with me.
What I've noticed is that the laptop got quite rounder in the middle.
I didn't notice it at first, until I noticed I couldn't close the laptop lid entirely any more, it keeps moving around as I'm typing, and the top portion of my trackpad now seems to stick out of the laptop body.

Never had such a thing with the 2010 model, but now I have with the 2015 one, I'm rather concerned.

Remember how I said that Apple hardware are stable for a very long time?
I guess I'll need to take my words back now.

I've been using my laptop as a desktop almost exclusively, but yesterday I need to take it with me.
What I've noticed is that the laptop got quite rounder in the middle.
I didn't notice it at first, until I noticed I couldn't close the laptop lid entirely any more, it keeps moving around as I'm typing, and the top portion of my trackpad now seems to stick out of the laptop body.

Never had such a thing with the 2010 model, but now I have with the 2015 one, I'm rather concerned.

This is unfortunate. I think the thinner and lighter design may make laptops these days more likely to bend. I wonder if the Apple Store and other Apple repair stores can fix your laptop.

I wonder if it could be a battery problem where the battery is failing, and expanding in size. I saw pictures online where batteries in tablets, laptops, and smartphones sometimes become bigger in size when they fail.

Honestly, that is a possibility but the apple products are quite expensive. So, may be it doesn't apply to many people.

It's just my speculation at this point.

I think people who used know most of the Safari shortcut keyboard keys, and settings, and used Apple Safari web browser for most of their life may not want to switch web browsers, but they are stuck with Apple computers because they want to use Safari browser on a Desktop or Laptop PC which is not an iPad or iPhone.

A lot of people were forced to stick with a Windows computer before Microsoft released MS Office to Apple computers, and recently to Google Android, Chrome OS, and Apple iOS. If Apple were to release a newer version of Safari to Windows and Linux, some people may switch to Windows and Linux, and continue to use Safari on non-Apple computers.

I agree Apple computers are more expensive, but they are sometimes similar in price to similar Windows Laptops like the Microsoft Surfacebook with similar specs.

Can't believe how until a few years ago Apple used to be more expensive because it was so durable, and how it now turned into being more expensive because of the "Apple" brand.

I've been a satisfied Apple hardware user between 2009 and 2012 (not software though!), but then I bought a 2015 MacBook Pro and the durability is really nothing like what it used to be.
Sure the laptop is way faster, lighter and thinner, but now I can't fully close the lid of my laptop any more, because the laptop body has grown (it's a little bit round now, like what the fuck!?).

Same thing can be said about my current iPhone 6S Plus; its back gets slowly disfigured for whatever reason (though the screen is still 100% fine).

And the hardware I bought between 2009 and 2012 were iMac, MacBook Pro, and Mac Mini, all of which still work really well today.

That is disappointing that your Macbook's case is deformed. But, at least it is just a case appearance defect rather than a circuitboard, keyboard, and screen problem which can cause your whole laptop to be unusable until it is repaired.

Last edited:
The laptop is functional, but it doesn't mean it's no concern.
Yes, the case is deformed, but you can't know the reason behind it, and whether it'll grow further or not (and whether it'll lead to serious hardware defects or not).
And there's the other fear of trying to close the laptop lid a bit harder than it can handle; would the screen break?

The deformed laptop may cause damage to the circuit board over a longer amount of time. But, the parts may not break in a few months or longer. I seen some phones which got bent, and the screen is bending and peeling from the case, and it still works. There are other hard to replace parts like the capacitors, RAM, resisters, battery, and microchips which may break before the bend causes permanent damage.

I think depending on the glass on the screen of the laptop, it can bend slightly. There are some cheaper laptops where the screen bends when you open it because the lid is made from thin plastic.

Some laptop screens are designed to survive short falls which can bend the laptop screen, but the laptop screen does not break because of the type of reinforced glass and lid design.

I've had a 2012 Macbook Pro for awhile, though I definitely didn't buy it for Safari. Tbh I can't think of the last time I used Safari on any Apple device I own

I've had a 2012 Macbook Pro for awhile, though I definitely didn't buy it for Safari. Tbh I can't think of the last time I used Safari on any Apple device I own

I can see some people not using Firefox, or Chrome, and only use Safari when their Apple computer is running low on storage space because they have too many games, programs, and big files stored on their 256GB SSD on their Macbook laptop.

I read on a forum that all iOS web browsers, and apps like Instagram with browsers for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are based on the Safari web browser, but they use a different window/theme style, and features like the ability to login to your Google Account to download and upload your bookmarks stored in your Google Account which may not be found on the original Safari browser. I think if I use an iPhone or iPad, I just stick to using the Safari web browser rather than using Chrome because Chrome for iOS is just Safari with a Chrome style theme.

Back