Do you think Microsoft will release a 3rd web browser for Windows 10 in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that Microsoft will release a 3rd web browser for Windows 10 when Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge web browser becomes less popular, or not compatible and work poorly with newer website designs where the website owner did not design their site to work well with IE and Edge, or IE and Edge does not have a required feature which Chrome and Firefox has.

If not enough people use Internet Explorer, and Edge, some of these websites may stop supporting IE and Edge. Microsoft may need to make a whole new web browser which uses the Blink web browser layout engine which is use in Google Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, Slimjet, etc. Microsoft can also use the Webkit web browser engine which is used in older versions of Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and lesser known browsers like Midori web browsers.

Microsoft may need to change the name of their web browsers because Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Edge have a bad reputation with many PC users who say IE and Edge are slow, unreliable, and less secure compared to Firefox and Chromium .

I thought IE was dead? Sure you can use it but they pretty much push edge onto you.

I doubt they will release another one, if it does it will most likely be junk.

I thought IE was dead? Sure you can use it but they pretty much push edge onto you.

I doubt they will release another one, if it does it will most likely be junk.

I think there are still occasional security and reliability updates for IE 11 in Windows 10. Some people may still use IE 11 in Windows 10 if they need to use an older ActiveX or plug-in which only work in IE.

I think Microsoft Xbox may release fun web browsers like a Halo themed web browsers based on Edge.

I haven't looked into myself, but I hear MS won't allow firefox or chrome to be downloaded through their IE or edge browsers in the near future.

I think Windows 10 S won't support running programs like Firefox and Chrome which you usually download with a web browser like Edge.

Windows 10 S can only install Windows Store Apps found in the Store App in Windows 10 S.

I honestly feel like Windows 10 S is a mere preview of what's coming to the "full" Windows 10 (which by the way is an OS that's forever in beta).
In the end, freedom is too scary for corperations, so everything has to be censored at all cost these days (not only in tech land, but everywhere else too).

No, the W10 OS itself, or all versions. Not just W10 S.

Hopefully, MS still include a simple program for installing third-party web browsers if MS stop supporting file downloads in IE

I read that Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 Lean which has Microsoft Edge, but does not come with Internet Explorer.

I think in the future Firefox, and Google Chrome would need to upload their browsers to the Windows Store. A lot of smaller web browser makers like Brave, Vivaldi, Slimjet, etc may not have the money or know how to publish their web browser installer to the Windows Store.

I honestly feel like Windows 10 S is a mere preview of what's coming to the "full" Windows 10 (which by the way is an OS that's forever in beta).
In the end, freedom is too scary for corperations, so everything has to be censored at all cost these days (not only in tech land, but everywhere else too).

Forums and Social websites like Craigslist and Reddit are removing their adult dating and services section to avoid getting in trouble with the US government. Backpage.com is now gone because members used it for adult services like adult massages.

I think Windows and other software maybe more locked down in the future to avoid getting in trouble with the government because someone used their software in an unlawful way.

The government may go after software makers if they make new laws to include software, and not just websites as being responsible for users unlawful actions.

to avoid getting in trouble with the government because someone used their software in an unlawful way.
This is the usual US hypocrisy really; avoid everyone else from going against the law, all while they break literally every single international law the entire world has agreed on (illegal invasion and bombing of many Asian and African countries, violating privacy of all citizens around the world, destroying people who tell the truth (whistle blowers, independent journalists, etc.), and so on), and always get away with everything because veto.

So in other words, what makes you think that that is the reason, since Microsoft is among the US governments' best allies?

So in other words, what makes you think that that is the reason, since Microsoft is among the US governments' best allies?

The US government can always develop a bad relationship with Microsoft, and tell Microsoft to testify in front of the government if a criminal uses the Windows and Windows compatible software to commit a crime.

The US government told Facebook to speak in front of congress after a third-party app was unlawfully accessing users information. Facebook help the US government spy on users, and Facebook is used to solve crimes.

The public relationship between Apple and the US government has not been the best after Apple refuse to unlock iPhones for them.

And by how far would you think this isn't just limited to the front half of the story?
As a golden rule of thumb, as long as a company remains profitable (economically) to the country its HQ is based in, bad relationships will never be legit.
It's really only those who expose them (government AND big corporations) that have a terrible relationship with the US government (or any government as a matter of fact).

>The US government told Facebook to speak in front of congress after a third-party app was unlawfully accessing users information.
This is actually among the main reasons why Facebook spying is a thing; the US deep state is abusing this all the time.
Therefore, actual privacy will never exist due to that.

It is unfortunate that some big companies with a lot of money can break many laws without the risk of their owner and executives being jailed for committing a crime like creating monopolies, and price fixing.

Companies like Amazon, Google, and Microsoft sell computer operating systems, software, online storage and tech services like technical support for the US government. I think the US government may not want to risk ruining their relationships with big companies. Big tech companies can stop providing huge price discounts to government institutions like schools and police stations if their relationship with the government becomes bad, and sell tech products for full price.

Back