Do you think more mobile games will only have a Google Android version in many years?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that more mobile game makers may only make games for Google Android, and stop making mobile games for Apple iPhone if most iPhones don't have enough free storage space to install and run their games.

I think when mobile games become bigger in size, most mobile gamers will switch to an more affordable Google Android phone with 128GB of internal space and support for a 1TB MicroSD card rather than buy an iPhone with 256GB of storage, and no MicroSD card support.

Apple iPhone usually have less RAM than a similar price Android phone with 8GB or more RAM, so it maybe harder for more mobile game makers to make more intensive games to run at a playable speed on the iPhone without lowering the quality of the game.

I feel there is a chance that Apple will become a family friendly game seller which may not allow people to publish games with too much violence, and adult themes, so game makers who make more violent and adult theme games can't publish their games on Apple iOS app store.

Android also still allow people to install apps from .apk app game installer files, and the Amazon App store and other app stores which are not controlled by Google, so people who's games got rejected from Google Play can always try to publish them on the Amazon App store, or share the game installer file on their personal website, so people can manually install their game app.

I don't think so. You may get one or two Google Play exclusives but there won't be a large number of developers that decide to only make an Android version. There are loads of people, especially in the west that have no problem with the price so I don't see them going over to more "affordable" android phones really.

Well, I do think, that would be the case, unless Google goes down and some new brand raises to the top.
But at this rate, it takes a lot, to beat google.

It all depends if another company comes in to displace what's going on, and how poorly Apple does in the future. Remember how a few years ago people said that Nintendo would never recover after the Wii U and should stop entirely?

Possibly? Google does seem to be taking over.

I feel more Chinese mobile games in China may become Google Android exclusives in the future because almost 74 percent of Chinese smartphone users use an Android smartphone, and Apple iOS only is used by 25 percent of Chinese people according to Mobile OS share in China 2013-2018 | Statistic . I feel when more faster more affordable Google Android smartphones get release in the next few years, the marketshare of Android phones maybe 80% or higher in China.

A lot of Chinese Apple iPhone users may also own an Android smartphone/tablet. If Google Play Games has better Gaming features like better multiplayer and in-game voice and text chat, some Chinese may use their Android device for gaming.

Back