Do you think most PC in the future can play 3D HD games without much or any slow down?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think over time almost all PC can play 3D HD games without much noticeable slowdown or any when in medium quality settings. I think people want faster graphics over more RAM and faster CPU since many decent price computers have 4GB of RAM, and multi-core CPU, so people probably want better graphics to consider upgrading their current PC in the future. When Tablets like the iPad 3, Asus EEE Transformer Prime can play HD 3D games, but a similar price low-midend PC can't play 3D games people might just get a tablet which can play 3D games at a decent framerate and without lag for gaming.

The AMD APU is a competitive lowend gaming PC for gaming on the cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BihrG7DhhBM

Oh definitely! The gaming age is advancing pretty fast. I can't wait until they come up with these technologies on computers because I'd definitely buy one. I think it might take a while though. With this technology they'd first have to make VERY good graphics card to handle to graphics that's going on and have a good processor at the same time. It's quite a lot of work but it can be done. :grin:

I would imagine at some point we will see this, technology advances all the time. I wouldn't like to predict how much it will cost though. :p

Maybe 3D and HD for PC gaming even on $500-700 desktop computers in 2013 and 2014 will be as common as color monitors and TVs. PC Companies need to find new ways of attracting new buyers for their new PCs, and 3D PC gaming can be a be one of the reasons since most current desktop PC already have lots of space on a hard drive, mult-core CPU, and 4GB or more RAM.

Using Moore's law, we can be assured of the fact that prices of high end graphics cards and gaming PCs will reduce drastically and the high end ones will possess insane graphical prowess that will go beyond HD resolutions and smooth framerates.

I think the poor economy will make companies have to earn fewer dollars per sale by selling products at affordable prices for high end CPU and video card in hopes of selling more since people these days no longer have the cash to buy a 500 dollar video card like in the past, and more companies in China and Taiwan are also making video cards and CPU instead of just AMD, Intel, Nvidia, and ATI.

Who knows, maybe the next gaming CPU and video card would be made by VIA, Texas Instruments, IBM, and Motorolla which also make CPUs for mobile devices and low end computers.

Back