Do you think most people will not manually turn on their monitor in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
More people these days use laptops, all-in-one desktop computers, smartphones and tablets as their main computer. Laptop, all-in-one PC, smartphones and tablets only have one power button which turns on the computer/device, monitor, and speakers when you press the power button which turns everything ON automatically, so users do not need to physically press the power button on the screen, and speakers like most desktop computers with a standalone monitor.

I think fewer computer users except desktop computer users which use a standalone monitor manually turn ON their monitor before turning ON their PC, or turning ON their PC before turning ON their monitors.

There are also some computer users who never turn off both their desktop computer, or monitor because they are too lazy to turn them off, or the computer and monitor is used to monitor stuff like security cameras and monitors where there is a security guard always looking at the security camera video stream.

Some Desktop PC users with a standalone monitor sometimes just set their monitor to standby mode where the monitor is off, and turns ON automatically when it detects a signal, and turns off the screen automatically when there is no video signal being sent to the monitor.

I really don't know anyone who shuts their monitor off. I tend to shot mine off once a week for a few hours so it can rest and so I can clean it. But that's about it.

I turn my monitors off when I'll not be using my PC for a while, since both are hooked up to my laptop, and that one is always on (and a functioning sleep mode doesn't really exist in Linux).
But no matter how much I would like to turn something on or off in one go, I still prefer to do so per electronic device, since there's no way to batch-manage your electronics without possibly giving up (a bit of) your privacy.

I really don't know anyone who shuts their monitor off. I tend to shot mine off once a week for a few hours so it can rest and so I can clean it. But that's about it.

I think a lot of people rarely turns off their monitor, and just let it go to standby mode when you haven't used your operating system like Windows and Linux for a minute to 5 hours depending on the monitor sleep mode settings in Power plan program.

I usually turn off my monitor to save a some of electricity, and I don't like the yellow standby light being powered ON when my monitor is in standby mode.

Back