Do you think Nintendo should remake Ruby/Sapphire?

Do you think Nintendo should remake Ruby/Sapphire?

• Total voters

Telos

Resident BTBAM fan
Awards
Credits
Just a harmless question.

Ruby/Sapphire is one of my favorite Pokemon games and I feel as though they should remake it for the 3DS.

Any thoughts about it?

Also, I apologize if there is/was a thread about this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. They only remade Red/Blue and Gold/Silver to make catching all the Pokemon possible. Now with this Global trade thing, we don't need older remakes. Don't get me wrong I love Sapphire, but I really don't think it needs a remake.

I don't think they will ever do that. They're too much focused on new generations now, they didn't even take too long to make a new generation after the 5th one. However, I guess if they will ever do a game in which you can visit many regions, like it used to be in HG/SS (even though there were just 2 there), so maybe they could make of Hoenn an accessible region-- would love that!

Yes, this thread has been made multiple times. No, there is no reason to so a remake of Ruby/Sapphire except nostalgia. All the other remakes had specific purposes for making the mechanics work between generations and trading Pokemon.

The past is in the past so it should be left in peace until the day comes when it's their time to shine even brighter than they have before.

Even though I want them to, there is no point as of now.

I want them too,but the other remakes were for reasons.These can be remade just for fun and thats it.However,since I see a lot of people want them too,they should.And it could also possibly help 3DS sells.But we can only dream...

i'm in two minds about this, but i'm inclined to say yes, because the jump from the second gen to the third was massive, and allowed me to have much more fun than before, i found that the gameplay from both ruby and sapphire, even though i only own sapphire and emerald, was far superior to any previous game, so then it would be only fair to ask gamefreak from a consumer point of view, to not perhaps re-make sapphire and ruby but heavily involve them in a newer game, or to allow the player to re-visit the region, like so in G/S,HG/SS the only reason i cannot see this happening is the games came quite recently, even though FR/LG came out shortly after them, so in the end, yes I do think that they should do something with the series, but not just remake and remaster them.

I would love a remake to add to the collection/finish things off... but I would have wanted it before this new generation stuff. Things are just TOO different, now.

I grew up with Ruby and Sapphire. Seeing it differently could make it awesome, or really crappy. I'd like to see what Nintendo and Gamefreak can come up with.

Back