Do you think Nintendo will stop making new Pokemon?

Magikarp Ownd

Do you know who ate all the donuts?
Awards
Credits
Do you think Nintendo will stop making Pokemon? Imagine if they went into the quadruple digits...

Before I say anything, let me clarify the question. It's not, will they quit making Pokemon games, but will they quit making new Pokemon inside of the games. With the games adding ~150 pokemon a generation, it won't be too long before they run out of concepts with every possible idea turned into a pokemon. If they kept on adding Pokemon, it would just get repetative. Could they make new regions and storylines without new Pokemon? Maybe they would just choose some Pokemon that seem fitting for the region from Pokemon introduced in older generations. It's kind of weird to think about it. What do you think Nintendo's plan is for the Pokemon series?

They will hit that point eventually.

The only time they might hit that point is when they run out of regions to use. think of it this way, everywhere on earth has different species and families of animals for each continent/country, once you explore all the lands, you see all the animals of those lands. does that make sense?

It's like: To discover more species of animals / insects / whatever, you have to find where it lives; if you have explored everywhere and everything, there is nothing to find.

Hurr Durr. Once everything is discovered, there is nothing to discover.

Nintendo has many possibilities to create more pokemon, it's just creating new pokemon will become difficult. Making evolutions won't be as hard though.

I'm sure there will be plenty of games without new Pokemon...I think that when Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company run out of ideas...they'll make some game remakes like for example a remake of Ruby/Sapphire. We may even see some Remade Reamakes.....like a kanto region game with gen 5 pokemon.

if they did stop them soon i honestly wouldnt care because a lot of their new pokemon are all ugly...but wierd enuff, after i just said they are ugly and me not caring if they stopped making them...i kinda like when they make new ones just so i can see what they could come up with to see if they come up with anything cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not unless Nintendo makes a pokemon game where you go into space o_O

The possibilities would be endless.

Super Pokemon Galaxy??

The only time they might hit that point is when they run out of regions to use. think of it this way, everywhere on earth has different species and families of animals for each continent/country, once you explore all the lands, you see all the animals of those lands. does that make sense?

Makes sense to me, but... my question is how big is the planet Pokemon live on now, and how big is it going to be? By the time they use all of the animals, we'd be hitting the 10,000 mark at least. That's a LOT of Pokemon to catch. And Ultra Balls aren't cheap either!

It'd almost make "catch 'em all!" completely idiotic....

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a rumor that you were able to get a Jirachi or Deoxys on the moon.

Bulbapedia:
•Rumor-

In the game, a man by the window will reveal the number of successful launches there have been; the number is determined by the number of weeks since the saved game was begun. Many rumors have been spread about this number and its relation to Jirachi and Deoxys. Many believe that if the man reaches a certain number, the player will be able to ride a rocket into space and battle Jirachi or Deoxys. Like the truck rumors of Generation I, this rumor is false.

They'll never stop making it until it stops making a profit. Which could be a really, really long while...

I never thought about the likelyhood of a new franchise. It seems far off now, but if Pokemon does die down eventually, that might be a possibilty. Pokemon would be a hard series to live up to, though.

Back