Do you think PC games will be a paid online subscription service instead of paying for a game once?

If ever there was a service for just $10 a month that let me play whatever I wanted, I would love it. That's $120 a year, that's the price for two games and I'm sure most people spend more than that per year.

I feel most people rather pay $10 a month to play a many games compared to playing many "free to play" games where gamers may need to spend more money to buy extra characters, levels, in-game money and items, and mods, so the game is enjoyable to play.

I read an article that some Fortnite players who play the free to play Fortnite game spend $85 according to Study Says 69% Of 'Fortnite' Players Spend Money On The Game, $85 Spent On Average

To be honest, if that subscription is for more than one game, with a minimal fee, I do think it's worth it.
But if that is not the case, then I am not so sure.

I feel paying a few US dollars to play few newer high quality games a month can be a good deal for some gamers who just want to quickly finish a game in a few days to weeks, or until they get bored.

Some people spend a few dollars per month on free mobile games like Clash of Clans and free Facebook games like Farmville. I feel spending a few dollars to play a few higher quality PC games can be more entertaining than spending a few dollars on most mobile games, Facebook games where a few dollars can't buy a lot of things on these games.

Agreed. Playstation "Now" is the best. It's $20 a month for over 500 PS games (available for PC as well) and it's streaming, so no need to download anything except the client and maybe a cache file.

Agreed. Playstation "Now" is the best. It's $20 a month for over 500 PS games (available for PC as well) and it's streaming, so no need to download anything except the client and maybe a cache file.

Wow, this sounds like a good deal for someone who plays a lot of games a month.

Back