Do you think rich people can have more problems when they buy a lot of expensive tech products?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible rich people may have more problems when they spend most of their money on expensive tech products like luxury sports cars, and expensive houses with a lot of tech in them like internet connected garage doors.

I saw on the news that a women got locked inside her expensive BMW luxury car because the anti-theft system failed her, and she can't open the door from the inside.

Plus, rich people are more likely to get robbed if you use a real gold iPhone, and gold Apple Smart Watch.

They will only have problem if they do not have knowledge on that particular expensive product they are going to buy. For example, why are they going to buy 'luxury' product if they can get a better cheap one with same quality/features. Problems will only appear if they continue to act arrogant, buying luxury things just to stand out from the mediocre. Even if they don't have a proper knowledge on it or do not know what to do if there are problems.

I agree with Gervin that if rich people buy luxury things just to show off they will have more problems.

Sounds like something a poor person like me wouldn't know about :p

They will only have problem if they do not have knowledge on that particular expensive product they are going to buy. For example, why are they going to buy 'luxury' product if they can get a better cheap one with same quality/features. Problems will only appear if they continue to act arrogant, buying luxury things just to stand out from the mediocre. Even if they don't have a proper knowledge on it or do not know what to do if there are problems.

Unfortunately, many people may not read the instruction manuals, and not learn more about a luxury product before using it. I feel there are many luxury product buyers who buy them to show off their wealth, and they may end up using the product like a high tech car in an unsafe manner.

I watch a few news stories of rich people buying luxury high tech sports cars, and end up crashing them when they drive too fast, or not follow the advice of the car maker's TV commercial which usually have text which say it is not recommended to drive very fast without proper training, and don't drive fast on a public road.

Sounds like something a poor person like me wouldn't know about :p

I agree, most of us poor people may never experience some tech problems like getting locked in an auto-locking luxury car because most poor people can't afford a fancy car with automatic anti-theft locks, and a house/mansion with a lot of tech like smart door locks, internet connected security system, and expensive Smart TVs with a lot of complicated features and a bloated operating system with a lot of features.

Unfortunately, many people may not read the instruction manuals, and not learn more about a luxury product before using it. I feel there are many luxury product buyers who buy them to show off their wealth, and they may end up using the product like a high tech car in an unsafe manner.

I watch a few news stories of rich people buying luxury high tech sports cars, and end up crashing them when they drive too fast, or not follow the advice of the car maker's TV commercial which usually have text which say it is not recommended to drive very fast without proper training, and don't drive fast on a public road.
"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose"
Those rich people who think they can get above the law by driving too fast, they think that they are 'smart' because they are successful. They should still read the manual, watch tutorial/instructions, get advice. Because they can harm other people on their mistakes. Also they think that if they harm someone, they can just pay the hospital bills, pay, pay, pay and the problem is done.

"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose"
Those rich people who think they can get above the law by driving too fast, they think that they are 'smart' because they are successful. They should still read the manual, watch tutorial/instructions, get advice. Because they can harm other people on their mistakes. Also they think that if they harm someone, they can just pay the hospital bills, pay, pay, pay and the problem is done.

I think people who get arrested for driving too fast, and dangerously should do thousands of hours of volunteer work rather than just paying for people's hospital bills, and damages to other people's property. Volunteering thousands of hours at a homeless shelter, hospital, or school may make dangerous drivers less likely to drive fast again because they will be volunteering for most of the day for many years.

I think people who get arrested for driving too fast, and dangerously should do thousands of hours of volunteer work rather than just paying for people's hospital bills, and damages to other people's property. Volunteering thousands of hours at a homeless shelter, hospital, or school may make dangerous drivers less likely to drive fast again because they will be volunteering for most of the day for many years.
I doubt rich people would even do that. They have money, money is power, connections and influence. They won't be even in jail or a single minute doing a community work.

I doubt rich people would even do that. They have money, money is power, connections and influence. They won't be even in jail or a single minute doing a community work.

I think some rich celebrities may do community work, so the millions of celebrity news magazines and websites will say "they change their life around, and learning their lesson for breaking the law." But, there is a chance that some celebrities break the law on purpose, and get caught by the police, so celebrity news sites and magazines write many stories about them, and they become more popular.

If celebrities do community works, then I will not be surprise if they take pictures. Then posting tons of them on their social media. :p

I agree they may even take pictures of them doing community work, are post them on their social media. Some celebrities may secretly sell their photos to a celebrity news magazine, and earn even more money by selling the copyrights of celebrity community work photos to a entertainment magazine.

After a certain point, you’re going to have so much money it doesn’t matter.

I think it may not matter to most rich people with a lot of money. But, it still can be somewhat embarrassing to not know how to use the many features on an expensive luxury boat, and car when showing it off to their friends and family members.

That is unfortunate that most people don't care, and waste money on features which they may never use. They may put their life in danger if used improperly, or when users are not using their full attention when using them sort of like irresponsible gun owners who carry and show off their gun in public which can cause a riot, and some drivers who got seriously injured or even died when driving a fast car like a Tesla with semi-autonomous driving features and fast.

With most people who can afford 5 Lamborghini’s, they have more money than caring what it has. Some people buy luxury cars and don’t even own a drivers license and don’t drive period.

Not saying that non-rich people don’t care and just buy things, but rich people can afford to be dumb with their money.

With most people who can afford 5 Lamborghini’s, they have more money than caring what it has. Some people buy luxury cars and don’t even own a drivers license and don’t drive period.

Not saying that non-rich people don’t care and just buy things, but rich people can afford to be dumb with their money.

I agree, people with a lot of money most likely not care what the car have, and may even hire a driver to drive them around.

A lot of rich people get a lot of free expensive stuff for being the children of richer people, and being related or friends with other rich people. I think people who got free expensive stuff like a Lamborghini, Rolex diamond watch, and a boat may less likely care about getting them because they may not of wanted them in the first place, wanted something else, or already got many similar expensive items.

Back