Do you think some parents want their kids to use tech more instead of taking part in risky hobbies?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I remember watching a Day time Talk show like Maury or Jenny where there are parents who want their kids to stop skateboarding because they think skateboarding is dangerous, and making their kids rebellious, make bad friends, vandalize and trespass on people property and not do their homework.

I think many parents rather kids spend many hours on a computer taking online classes, starting an online company, and making apps instead of doing more risky activities like mountain biking, skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, deep sea diving, and mountain climbing where there is a greater chance of getting injured and lost.

I did see on the talk show The Talk, that you can buy a kit that would teach kids how to build PCs and how to program. Not going to lie, reallllly wish I had that when I was young. But I can see why parents would want that specially since tech is the future.

I did see on the talk show The Talk, that you can buy a kit that would teach kids how to build PCs and how to program. Not going to lie, reallllly wish I had that when I was young. But I can see why parents would want that specially since tech is the future.

I also wished I had a computer building, and learning how to program kit. I think these kits are popular because users can use the kit to make many computer programs and games, and different kinds of computers by buying more parts like a touchscreen, sound card, and camera.

I see where the parents are coming from. Who wants their kids hurt or injured because of risky hobbies or past times. But, the thing is, there are pros an cons that may come about because of it. Today many children spends endless time in front of multimedia such as computers, tablets, android phones and many more. This causes them to have lack of socialization and activities that are beneficial for the health. I am not saying that being exposed to technology is bad either. It is good because the children can be tech savy which is in demand today. They can easily relate to the fast phased technology there is today. I think what the children of today need is a good balance between old school activities and modern technology.

I wanted kids to be more physically active than just staying at homes and playing video games. I think video games is not helpful for the kids. They should learn some real world things. Staying at home will not help them to be healthy. Discipline is also a key in the future and playing video games can be very addicting and it will not be helpful for the kids.

It is better if kids are taking risk hobbies than to use gadgets because gadgets are destroying our health.

Back