Do you think someday there would be Smart Finger Rings which let users play games with?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The screen maybe too small to comfortably play most games on a smart ring which you put on a finger like a regular ring.

But, some games like Fidget Spinner games, ring games which show a picture or video of a jewel, and small games like tic-tac toe maybe playable on a small screen on a ring. But, you may need to use a stylus, or voice and motion commands to control the game.

Most likely there will be more trees which have a TV and PC on it, and use solar power to power the PC which is used to spy on nearby people.

I remember reading on a tech blog that there are smart advertisements that can use people's GPS, cell phone data, and webcams to show personalize ads to advertiser more products you are interested in while you are near the billboard.

Smart rings sound like an interesting idea. They should do rings that work as motion controllers for all games, specially VR games. If they can work out the accuracy, it could be awesome.

Most likely there will be more trees which have a TV and PC on it, and use solar power to power the PC which is used to spy on nearby people.

I remember reading on a tech blog that there are smart advertisements that can use people's GPS, cell phone data, and webcams to show personalize ads to advertiser more products you are interested in while you are near the billboard.
The regular ad billboards are already frustrating while travelling by train or metro, because I always hit those with my head if I don't duck a little bit.
And if not billboards, that'll be these rings you can hold if you're standing.

I'd say most likely.

The regular ad billboards are already frustrating while travelling by train or metro, because I always hit those with my head if I don't duck a little bit.

Making a smaller billboard or hanging the billboard higher would be a good idea. It is annoying that no one thought of tall people hitting their head or tall hat on a billboard before installing the billboard.

Making a smaller billboard or hanging the billboard higher would be a good idea. It is annoying that no one thought of tall people hitting their head or tall hat on a billboard before installing the billboard.
Won't work sadly, Japanese ads are just big and contain lots of text most of the time.
And while train ceilings are decently high, it's not all that possible to hang them even a bit higher.

It's really not only problematic to foreigners, but also to lots of younger Japanese people, since the younger generation is generally much bigger compared to the older ones (quite like an average north European in fact).

Won't work sadly, Japanese ads are just big and contain lots of text most of the time.
And while train ceilings are decently high, it's not all that possible to hang them even a bit higher.

It's really not only problematic to foreigners, but also to lots of younger Japanese people, since the younger generation is generally much bigger compared to the older ones (quite like an average north European in fact).

Using different shapes or a head size hole for people's heads to go through on ads printed on paper can make people less likely to hit the ads.

Most cell phones and tablets can read QR/barcodes, so ads don't need to be as tall, or contain as many text. People can scan the QR code and go to a website to learn more about the product and service on the ads if they don't want to open a web browser and type in the website domain to visit the ad company website.

Just how likely do you think people will be willing to take the time to read the QR/barcode?
And if somebody is willing to do so, how likely do you think you'll be able to scan the code (or even notice at all!) while trains get crowded?

And paper-to-website ads just don't work well in Japan, barely anyone would be willing to do so.

Just how likely do you think people will be willing to take the time to read the QR/barcode?
And if somebody is willing to do so, how likely do you think you'll be able to scan the code (or even notice at all!) while trains get crowded?

And paper-to-website ads just don't work well in Japan, barely anyone would be willing to do so.

Ads related to video game, electronics, and movies may have more people who are willing to scan a QR code if they are interested in these product.

For ads related to insurance, banking, and vitamins, the main buyers who are older adults maybe less likely to scan the barcode/QR code, or more likely to still use a cell phone which does not have a camera or an App for scanning a QR code.

I can see how people are less likely to scan a QR code in a crowded train.

Ads related to video game, electronics, and movies may have more people who are willing to scan a QR code if they are interested in these product.

For ads related to insurance, banking, and vitamins, the main buyers who are older adults maybe less likely to scan the barcode/QR code, or more likely to still use a cell phone which does not have a camera or an App for scanning a QR code.

I can see how people are less likely to scan a QR code in a crowded train.
Believe me, it's really not the way it works here.
Trains are crowded, time is short, and people are tired while travelling by train, so practically no target group will take their phones out and scan a QR code inside a train.
Plus it might people suspect you from taking photos of them without permission, which is a real no-no over here.

Believe me, it's really not the way it works here.
Trains are crowded, time is short, and people are tired while travelling by train, so practically no target group will take their phones out and scan a QR code inside a train.
Plus it might people suspect you from taking photos of them without permission, which is a real no-no over here.

I can see QR codes not working on very busy trains with a lot of people which are pushed into a train, and where you may more likely being suspected of secretly recording people rather than scanning a QR code.

QR codes may have some success on less busy trains and buses which have fewer passengers, or most riders are tourists with more free time, or mainly rides the train for fun.

Having a link of a website or signing up for an e-mail newsletter from scanning a QR code can be useful. Some companies still use e-mail news letters and their own websites to promote their company.

People are really only being pushed inside very late in the evening when last train rides.
Never saw this myself.

I think I watch an older Japanese news video which show Japanese train station workers pushing people on a train where people are touching each other very closely so the doors can be closed.

Riding for fun?
Do you mean more in the sense of people riding a train to visit their friends or family?

I was mainly referring to people who ride trains as a form of entertainment by listening to train sounds and feeling the motion of the train moving, and watching the scenery like mountains, buildings, and local landscapes while the train is moving.

I think I watch an older Japanese news video which show Japanese train station workers pushing people on a train where people are touching each other very closely so the doors can be closed.
I don't say it doesn't happen, I'm simply never around a station that late at night, which is why I never saw this before.

I was mainly referring to people who ride trains as a form of entertainment by listening to train sounds and feeling the motion of the train moving, and watching the scenery like mountains, buildings, and local landscapes while the train is moving.
I think this is more of an American thing, considering how in both Europe and Asia riding a train is normal practise while in America you're most likely dependent on a car.
I can also understand it can be a thing to people all over the world who never used a train before, but it's extremely rare for Asians or Europeans to have never experienced a train ride before.
Maybe South America, Oceania, or Africa, but I've never been to Oceania, South America was way too long ago to remember, and I was only inside of an airplane in Africa, which was just a little transfer for those who had to be there.

I think this is more of an American thing, considering how in both Europe and Asia riding a train is normal practise while in America you're most likely dependent on a car.
I can also understand it can be a thing to people all over the world who never used a train before, but it's extremely rare for Asians or Europeans to have never experienced a train ride before.
Maybe South America, Oceania, or Africa, but I've never been to Oceania, South America was way too long ago to remember, and I was only inside of an airplane in Africa, which was just a little transfer for those who had to be there.

I think more people in Canada and America ride the train for fun because most people use cars, and buses. There are subway trains and trams in some big cities in America and Canada, but subways and trams don't go very far, and are slower than a regular train, so they are less fun for most people to ride compared to a regular train.

There are trains where the train goes up a mountain or go through a canyon in the US and Canada, and most of these trains are ridden by tourists, and citizens who want to experience riding a train.

Back