Do you think the average age of people who use some electronics maybe older adults?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that some electronics like classic game consoles, desktop computers, juke boxes, record players, Blu-Ray players, pinball machines, health related electronics like fitness trackers, etc will be mostly be used by more older adults.

Older adults maybe more likely to buy electronics or own some electronic devices because they have enough money to afford to buy more electronics, and they are retired, or not working as much as when they are young, so they decide to buy electronics to use in their home.

Most likely, but then again I still use blu-ray players myself.

Most likely, but then again I still use blu-ray players myself.

A lot of people including young people still seem to use DVD and Blu-Ray Players. Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV and other streaming video services may not have the movie or TV show series which they want to watch, and it maybe easier just to buy the disc version of the movie than look for it on a streaming video website.

Streaming HD and 4K video is sometimes not very reliable or fast for people who share their internet connection with many users, subscribe to slower cheaper DSL internet, or their local ISP has a lot of disconnection and slowdown problems.

Well, usually people who got some experience in purchasing stuff, get them for others.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the average age is more.

Well, usually people who got some experience in purchasing stuff, get them for others.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the average age is more.

I agree people with a lot of experience with electronics are sometimes older especially people who repair computers, TVs, and other electronics, and their experience is useful for picking electronics which are less likely to break after a few months.

Who knows, people thought record players were long dead, and during the height of MP3 players and the rise of streaming, vinyl records made a comeback.

Though I doubt only older people will be using electronics. How many children now have smartphones, tablets, and probably a Roku in their TV? We can name specific electronics that wouldn’t be popular with kids, but I find it unlikely that all electronics will solely be owned by adults.

Back