Do you think there would be mobiles games which are 50GB in file size like some PC games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some mobile gamers want mobile games which have better more realistic graphics quality, more features and more levels, so there maybe a few mobile games which are 50GB in size like PC and console games. Games with better graphics, more features, and levels usually have bigger file size like PC games which can be over 50GB in size depending on how big the game is.

Well, I really hope not.
My mobile's internal storage is just 16 GB and I barely have enough space for anything else...I really don't want to get rid of it either.

Well, I really hope not.
My mobile's internal storage is just 16 GB and I barely have enough space for anything else...I really don't want to get rid of it either.

I can see large games which need a lot of storage space can be a problem for people with phones with less storage.

It would be nice if smartphone operating system makers like Android release an update for their operating system to let people run games off of a USB drive like a USB flash drive or USB external hard drive which is connected to the Micro-USB or USB-C port on most smartphones except for iPhone.

With enough time, yes.

With enough time, yes.

I agree with enough time games will be 50GB and larger in size.

I think some mobile gamers rather play a few larger higher quality games with better graphics like Fortnite, Final Fantasy, GTA V instead of many smaller games like Candy Crush Saga, and Angry Birds which graphics, music, and gameplay are not as realistic.

We’re probably going to have phones with PB’s of storage and laugh at people going “what are you supposed to do with 20TB on your phone?”.

I remember 10 years ago paying $40 for a 1GB microSD card.

A lot of nicer phones are better than older computers from many years ago. I think in the future more phones will have huge amounts of storage to convince people to buy phones.

I read online that 5G internet would be very fast, so games maybe very big in size once people can quickly download huge files which are many GB in size. There are already a few smartphones which have more than 128GB of storage.

If mobiles games like that were to exist, then phones with more powerful processors should first exist. Other than that, you can only play that kind of game in an emulator on a PC.

It's not impossible, evolution will happen. Take a look at floppy disk :p

I remember having floppies with 1MB of space, and a USB flash drive with 128MB of space was considered very big in the past.

Dial-up internet was also popular in the past, and broadband internet was 1 MB/s and slower.

I think when 5G, and Gigabit internet become more popular, and affordable, more people will upgrade their smartphone to a faster smartphone with 128GB and more space. Eventually, more mobile games will have longer storylines, more realistic characters, better voice recordings and music, more bigger levels, and higher quality cutscene movies like the opening, and ending scenes in RPG games, so the size of mobile games will be very large in size.

Back