Do you think Windows 10 still fit on computers with 32GB of storage in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think Microsoft will continue to keep the file size of Windows 10 smaller for a few more months to years, so it can still fit on 32GB storage drives. Microsoft probably want many users to be able to continue to use Windows 10 on a cheaper computers with 32GB of storage space or not a lot of free space because their computer's storage drive is filled with large files, games, software, and other files.

There are still many users which use cheap Windows 10 computers like netbooks, cheap laptops, lowend tablets, and mini computers which only come with cheap SSD drives and flash memory chips with 32GB of space.

There are still some cheaper Windows 10 computers with only 32GB of storage space being sold at Amazon, Walmart, etc, so Microsoft may still be interested in making Windows 10 fit on devices with 32GB in the future.

I think Microsoft does not want people to remove Windows 10from their PC, and install a Linux operating system on their PC because Windows 10 no longer fits on 32GB storage drives which are popular with cheaper computers and mobile devices like tablets.

It’ll still fit, but after a certain point, there will be almost no need to stick to just 32GB when storage becomes really cheap. It’ll be like how you have to try and find a new phone or tablet that has 8GB of storage, as most cheaper tablets start at 16GB now.

It’ll still fit, but after a certain point, there will be almost no need to stick to just 32GB when storage becomes really cheap. It’ll be like how you have to try and find a new phone or tablet that has 8GB of storage, as most cheaper tablets start at 16GB now.
I don't think it will be long before you can't even buy 32GB of memory SD cards etc.

the current requirement is 32 gb of space, so it won't be long till that doubles.

the current requirement is 32 gb of space, so it won't be long till that doubles.

I feel it may take a few more years until Windows need 64GB of space. Downloading a very large Windows installer file take many hours to days on slower internet connections which many people are forced to use because there is no fast internet service where they live, or they can't afford a faster internet connection to quickly download the Windows 10 installer. Some ISP like mobile data plans and DSL still have bandwidth limits, so it may not be possible for some users to download a large Windows 10 installer file without going over their bandwidth limit, and paying expensive overage charges.

I'm gonna say probably not, unless it's a severely stripped down version of it. Personally, that always annoys me when there's laptops being sold for like $199 or higher with only 32GB storage. Why? the MINIMUM in this day and age should be 128GB to 250GB to be honest. There's no reason there should be such little storage on any device these days. 32GB is fine for a phone, not a PC.

The Windows 10 license cost $30 or less if the computer manufacturer like HP build a PC with 32GB of storage, a slower CPU like a Intel Atom, 4GB of RAM, and 14.1 inch screen according to It's Microsoft's fault cheap Windows laptops don't use better hardware - Geek.com .

32GB can be enough space for basic PC users who only use a computer for using hardware accessories like printers, and use basic software like web browsers, office suites, and e-mail clients.

Back