Do you think Windows 8 will be good for gaming?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think Windows 8 will be good for gaming since I read online that 8 uses only 200MB RAM, and 1% CPU resources after start up, and is compatible with a lot of Windows 7 games, and hardware. It also will continue having the latest version of DirectX for years to come, and work with future hardware like faster SSD, and other newer hardware.

I only heard the desktop is harder to use on a non-touch screen device because of bigger icons, but you can still use keyboard shortcut keys, and your mouse and keyboard to control Windows 8 in Metro mode, or your can go to desktop mode.

Yes, I think Windows 8 will be good for gaming since I read online that 8 uses only 200MB RAM, and 1% CPU resources after s, and is compatible with a lot of Windows 7 games, and hardware. It also will continue having the latest version of DirectX for years to come, and work with future hardware like faster SSD, and other newer hardware.

I only heard the desktop is harder to use on a non-touch screen device because of bigger icons, but you can still use keyboard shortcut keys, and your mouse and keyboard to control Windows 8 in Metro mode, or your can go to desktop mode.
OM NOM NOM! WOINDOWS 8 IS TASTY

I was referring more to offline games like Counter Strike, The Sims, Half Life, Portal, Oblivion, and Unreal tournament but I think Windows 8 will work well for Internet games as well since Windows 8 will natively support HTML5 apps and games, and it uses less RAM, and CPU, so flash games and online games would have more RAM, and CPU cycles for running games, and I think Adobe Flash Player will be continue being develop for Windows 8.

I read a blog post at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/07/23/hardware-accelerating-everything-windows-8-graphics.aspx by MS which said Windows 8 will have improve hardware acceleration for the Video card, and CPU.

With Windows 8 we set out to enable all applications to have the beautiful and high-performance graphics enabled by modern graphics hardware. This work builds on the well-established foundations of DirectX graphics, which have been providing an increasing breadth of APIs and capabilities.

Back